
Anyone else a little unnerved by the fact that a few geese can take out both engines of a plane????? Seriously, all these years, I've been worried about things like hijackers and storms and really I should have been worried about geese? Doesn't it also strike anyone else a little odd that for all our advanced technology we haven't figured out a way to keep birds from being sucked into the engine? Weird.
9 comments:
For the record, I asked my all-knowing husband what the chances are that Geese would be sucked into both engines, disabling both and he said, one in a million. He's actually had birds fly into his engine while flying and while it did damage, it didn't disable the engine. Also, Cameron got a kick out of everyone telling him, "thanks for the safe flight" instead of just a "thank you" when he flew the day after the accident. It does seem crazy though that as powerful as those engines are, that it only takes a flock of Geese to screw them up.
My thoughts exactly!
I don't love to fly anyway and now I love it less. It is too weird.
Its really crazy. I loved how Jay Leno put it, "Those birds must have been texting instead of watching where they were going."
I read somewhere that they actually have a test simulation in the production of airplanes that tests for this exact thing. It just have been a ton of birds
I'm scared to fly too...
but I don't worry about birds...
LOL..
I don't know.. we're all in God's hands.. and every time I get to see the pilot when we land.. I always thank them!!
At least they are "now" looking into a solution before anybody dies. I'm glad the same rule doesn't apply like with installing a stop light. So many people have to die to justify.... Who makes up these laws anyway?
well put, my friend. ;-)
I know! Kinda freakish, huh?
I agree, can't they just put some sort of strong but light-weight grate thing over the engines. Obviously it isn't that simple...I am so terrified to fly.
Post a Comment