Thursday, January 15, 2009

Photo Update

Monday night we went to my brother's house for a great joint Family Home Evening with my parents and sister and her kids. Ryan taught a great lesson about how Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and how we are happy when we are doing right. They then divided us up into three groups and each group had a topic like, "I am happy when I obey" and we created and performed a puppet show. It was so cute. Then we had a yummy treat and stayed way past the kids' bedtimes. Good times.





The next photos are all from yesterday. Anna had her friend, Chloe, over and Abby had her friend, Paige, here. Anna and Chloe quickly got settled into the art room where whenever I walked in they would hide what they were doing. I told them that wasn't inspiring a great deal of confidence in me, but they quickly reassured me that they were just making a surprise for me. A little while later they brought me these:




These are little birth announcements they made, one for a girl, one for a boy.




Anna made this girl name list.




Chloe made this boy name one.



They know we're struggling with names, so they came up with these lists to help us out. Very sweet.

After they finished their lists, they then enlisted Abby and Paige as models and they each created an outfit for each of their models and then, of course, had a fashion show.
The models working it.


I know I post a lot about the things my kids make. It's because I think they are geniuses and way more artistic than anybody else's children. I promise I don't really think that, okay maybe a little. These are just the types of things I want documented because I think it will be so much fun for them to look back at what they did at this age.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think it's so cute! I love seeing your kids' artistic talent and I do think they are super talented. I love the names lists- those are some creative names with some creative spelling!

Eliza said...

Oh hello the new cheetah girls. lol, abby and paige's face's are killing me. I think they might be singing "she's a brick house" to themselves. love all the pics, and your kids are super creative, you should post about it.

Macy said...

Wow! So cute and sweet of them.

Cheryl said...

What a fun FHE activity!
Hey! If you don't think your kids are more artistic and whatever than anyone elses, who will!?!? Embrace it! Besides, that really was cute and very sweet. One thing to check off the list! Birth announcements can just take so much out of you when you have a new baby!

Jo said...

And this from a totally unbiased source: for sure your kids ARE extremely artistic and creative, and you SHOULD be documenting it the way you are.

LOL at how you told them that they were not inspiring "a great deal of confidence in you". I can just see your expression!

Grandma W said...

I thought you had decided the name would be Chewy or Obi-1. I enjoyed the list of names. I can see the pressure is on and you still have a few months to go. Ha Ha

Jeff and Heidi said...

CONGRATS! That is great you are due in July. We are excited for you and can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl.