Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Wow do I have a lot to do still. However, it's okay I'll get it done and I'm not even uptight (I have my moments of panic, but generally speaking I'm actually fairly calm.) You see I came up with the idea to surprise the girls with doing their rooms for their main Christmas gift. They moved downstairs shortly after Ben was born and have been wanting their rooms decorated ever since then. They won't be completely finished as far as things to hang on the walls and lamps etc., but the walls will be painted, and some new bedding, headboards and some recycled furniture painted and new to them.

It's been a lot of work and I'm exhausted, but I think the main reason I'm not completely anxiety ridden is because I just feel so grateful. As I was stripping a wall-paper border in Abby's room a neighbor bailed me out by lending me her steamer. It saved me hours. My Dad has spent hours prepping and painting both rooms for me. My Mom helped prep walls for my Dad and paint furniture with me. My cousin shopped with me to help me finalize the color schemes and bedding and gave me 2 darling headboards! Brennan spent 3 hours yesterday at our neighbors cutting one of the headboards from a full bed size to a twin. This neighbor refused to do the quick cheater way and worked and worked until it looked just right. He even refused to quit after cutting himself! Brennan has run countless errands, pulled extra weight with the kids and overlooked a neglected house and the constantly expanding budget for this project. We told the girls that we had to resolve some fumes in their rooms and grandpa would be helping me do that during the week. They have been troopers sleeping on the living room couches!

I'll post pictures of the finished product as soon as soon as they're finally finished hopefully tomorrow afternoon!! Even though it's been crazy and I've never worked so hard and I'm completely exhausted, I've loved it. It's forced me to cut out a lot of the unnecessary busy work I typically create and I've been so touched by all the service I've received. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

Andrea, your capacity astounds me. If I had taken all that on, I would be start raving mad by now. What a sweet perspective!

Bobbi said...

What a fun gift for the girls--and for you to know you are so loved! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Merry Christmas!

Happy New Year, too..

Grandma W said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Promise to see you more in 2008. Love Grandma Jan & Grandpa LeRoy