Monday, December 17, 2007

Keeping up with Ben

Lately, I've felt like my damage control duties have suddenly increased. I was having a hard time putting my finger on what exactly made Benjamin instantly so much more destructive when it finally dawned on me that his world just got a lot taller. He's discovered the chair. Kitchen chairs that he can slide around to any counter top destination such as a jar of sugar, or syrup or who doesn't need salt and pepper sprinkled all over in the silverware drawer? He's also discovered new access to the light switches, the advent calendars, and the drawer of knives, etc. Good times.

5 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Wow, so he pushes a chair there and climbs up to get to his target? That's amazing- he's got the range of a four footer. Very scary to think of.

Shannon said...

I know, I always dread the "using an object to reach taller things" discovery. It's up there with crawling. Next is learning to open doors!

Rebecca said...

wow- can't wait for that one. Oliver pushes things around too, but thank goodness he doesn't walk yet.

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

Hey, that doric column works--I just used it!

Anyway, that is so scary about Ben's new-found skill. He's way too young for such adventures!