Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Brennan v. Mice

We've had a couple of mouse sightings in our garage. I didn't love this, but felt certain that none had ventured into the house. The last few nights we've heard strange noises in the walls. Brennan opened a vent and saw one. Those stupid vermin found an opening from the garage and scurry around inside the wall. I'm still hoping they haven't been inside. To the degree I am in denial about it is the degree Brennan is obsessed with it. Each night he takes the vent off and tries to catch one. He sets traps, and listens and waits.

After an unsuccessful mouse watching night, he came to bed. Sometime in the night I rolled over and my hand brushed his hand. Suddenly, Brennan shot up while yelling. I stared at him. Upon realizing that it was only me and not mice attacking his hand he looked at me with crazed eyes and said, "What the #&%@ are you doing?" Then he went instantly back to sleep. Now, I must admit it's not unheard of for Brennan to swear, but he never swears at me. I was seized with the giggles and as he snored I lay there and laughed myself to sleep. I love crazy, which is good because we have it in spades around here.

BTW, Eliza lent us these magical blue pellets that the mice eat and then makes them go outside in search of water where they die. No mice sounds anymore. I think Brennan is kind of bummed.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Can't ever get enough of Brennan- he's got enough crazies for the whole fam. I'm glad you got rid of the mice.

Alesa Larsen said...

That is a great story. Will you send those blue pellets this way next. I have them in my garage too.

Macy said...

LOL! Those mice always find there way in. We have had some in our walls before too. We always use poison, but that stuff sounds great. Where did you get it?

Jo said...

I'm LOL so hard I'm crying. Thanks Brennan, for being the leading man in the story, and thanks Andrea, for so skillfully sharing it!

Anonymous said...

I am dreading the day that I have to think about rodents in my house. Another great Brennan story. That is hilarious!

Shannon said...

Brennan never disappoints. I love that you laughed yourself to sleep!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Ahhh haaaa haaaa!!!!

We had a rat in our garage and it chewed up spark plug wires in Mike's work van and my Jeep!!!!!

We killed it w/ those same blue pellets.... it was dead dead deadsky!!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Andrea..
I was going to send this hysterical post to mom and LeRoy..
can you create a "links to post"?

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Sorry for "spamming" your post...
but never mind...
I just clicked on the title and it gave me the link to this post.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
We had a great time..
as usual....
we all ate way too much food.
My jeans are not liking me today!

Andrea W. said...

Thanks, Terri. Sorry I just now saw your comments. We had such a great Christmas, I'm glad you all did too!