Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve

We had such a nice Christmas this year.  I even had a mini-meltdown Christmas night sobbing to Brennan that our kids are kind of at the perfect ages.  I was wishing we could freeze them.  I know that’s not right and that I’m selling the future short, but it I can’t help but be sad thinking we won’t always have a 2 year old.  Anyway, it was truly wonderful.

Christmas Eve we enjoyed a quiet (okay so quiet kind doesn’t exist at our house, but quiet-ish) dinner.  My parents came over which made is so special.   Dinner turned out yummy and my Mom brought her always welcome wassail.  After dinner we opened our new jammies which is always a highlight.  It always cracks me up how incredibly excited my kids get over pajamas.  They’re so happy to get to open anything that something I could hand them any other time of year with very little reaction is a huge deal.

You kind of can’t see the full cuteness of these jammies, they’re so soft I love him in these.

DSCN0133_089

DSCN0130_086

DSCN0128_084

DSCN0126_082

DSCN0129_085

After dinner and jammies, we watched “Muppet Christmas Carol”  I adore that show, it’s kind of the perfect way to watch that story because it’s a little less intense for the little ones and I love the music.  I love the Muppets.  Anyway, it was sweet to cuddle up on the couch and enjoy a beautiful story via movie.

DSCN0137_093

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Oh my, those jammies are so so dang cute. and even cuter are the kids in them. darling!