Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Day

The moment our kids’ dream about and anticipate for 364 days:

We had such a great morning.  The kids are so cute and always so excited.  The girls each asked for a camera.  I felt so bad when I realized their cameras didn’t have video capability and I know they wanted that, but when we realized it I told them I would be happy to take them back.  They both just shrugged it off and have been happily taking pictures ever since.  They were all so excited and so grateful.  It was lovely.

After the gift extravaganza we got ready and went to a 1:00 Sacrament meeting.  It was so nice to be there on Christmas Day with family and friends.  I had to sing a solo I’ve been working on for awhile, it’s a really hard song, “Gesu Bambino” with a dramatic high B flat and lots of phrases way up high and no where to breathe.  Fortunately I didn’t have a lot of time to be too nervous and Brennan gave me a priesthood blessing before church which I know helped me be calm.  It was truly miraculous how much less nervous I was than I have been in a long time.  My parents, my sister, Eliza, and my brother and his wife and kids, Chris, Rebecca, Oliver and Amelia came.  Sweet Brennan was choked up (he always cried when our kids perform, and he did it for me now too!).  It’s a beautiful piece with gorgeous piano and violin accompaniments.  I felt so much good will and support from the congregation, many I’ve grown up with.  It was a sweet, sweet experience.  I so appreciate people who take the time to give kind feedback.  It means the world.  I think sometimes people don’t realize how much of yourself you feel like you’re putting on the line when doing something like that.   Most of all it was great to have it done and then be able to enjoy singing with the choir and listening to the talks and music while Brennan wrestled all the kids in the back Winking smile

I love this picture of these two boys I love.

DSCN0143_099

DSCN0144_100

After church we went home and changed and headed to my parents’ house.  It was such a nice day of games and visiting.  My Mom wanted a really low-key program so each of the kids performed something and then all the adults went around the circle and told about a blessing we were grateful for this year.  It was so nice and a perfect way to celebrate a sacred holiday.

I managed to record Rex, Lucy and Molly singing:

and Oliver and Amelia.  I wish you could hear better on this one, 2 year old Amelia knows every word!

We came home feeling completely full of gratitude and joy.  The kids were exhausted and went right to sleep and Brennan and I talked about how much we need to enjoy every second of these sweet kids.  We are so blessed.  We love Christmas!

2 comments:

Macy said...

fun times. Sad to have missed your solo. I am sure it was beautiful. Cute Rex and Nate...I love their little friendship.

Eliza said...

What a magical magical day. It was so amazing to hear you sing, wow still in awe of how professional and hauntingly beautiful it was.