This morning was one of those moments I’ve talked about before that was so perfectly awful you start wonder if you’re on a hidden camera show. I went walking and evidently the second I left at 5:55 am Joshy woke up. Brennan got him settled back in his crib and then Nate and Ben woke up at about 6:30 just chatting and laughing away. I walked in at 7 to hear Joshy again so I got him up and then proceeded to go about the hectic morning routine. I started making pancakes and orange julius and making Anna’s lunch while getting the kids to the table for scriptures. As they took turns reading verses, Nate accidentally dumped half the thing of syrup on his plate. Anna got mad at him and that made him mad. I intervened and and told them to resume reading. Somehow they flared up again, but this time I made sure they knew I was serious about them stopping. Then Nate spilled orange julius all over the table just as Abby crashed into Ben’s stool when she got up to get some more pancakes. Abby was howling and mad at Ben for moving his stool right as she stood up, so then he started crying.
Brennan came out shortly after all that and asked why he heard everyone of our kids crying. It’s a well-oiled machine around here. Clearly I have this parenting thing down
9 comments:
that's a funny story! nothing like that has ever happened here at the noordas, of course :) how do you make orange julius? i love making breakfast drinks, too.
oh my goodness. I love your family, thank you so much for sharing this gem of a morning. You rock my world that you were still cheerful after that.
Thanks for your comments, Catherine and Eliza. Here's the recipe for orange julius:
12 ice cubes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 of 12 oz. can of oj concentrate
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
1 cup water.
Blend it up for and enjoy! (Don't blend it too much because the best part is the little chips of ice.)
Oh, sounds just like our house. Good for you to get up and go walking. We will be making the orange julius, sounds delightful.
lolol. So funny.
I agree with Eliza-- good for you for seeing the humor instead of being grouchy. That brought memories of some of the hijinks of our own little kids. Frustrating at the time, but funny!
Nothing makes me laugh more than clumsy kids. Dang funny.
I'm just impressed you make pancakes, orange julius, pack school lunches and get in scripture reading all before school. Crying or not, that's impressive.
Oh yeah, I forgot that you had already gotten up early and excercised.
Post a Comment