Just look at that round little face and tell me you're not smiling right now.
We started April with one of my favorite events - General Conference. We get to set aside our regular church responsibilities for a day and leave the 3-ring circus at home. Don't get me wrong I love going to church, but twice a year to have a break from the normal routine and to curl up on the couch in jammies to listen to some amazing and inspired men and women is just heavenly. It was especially inspiring to hear pretty much every speaker talk about the importance of teaching our kids the Gospel in our home. We've got some improving to do, but I'm just so grateful to have something to shoot for. It was also Easter which was especially nice. I love Easter and I love that it corresponds with Spring and that everywhere you look (aside from a few rogue snowstorms) there are a million visual reminders of rebirth. That thanks to our Savior death and sin like Winter do not have to be permanent.
Saturday night while the guys went to the Priesthood session my mom and sister and the kids and I went to my Mom's where the kids helped make breakfast for dinner. It was very nice and very mellow. We reconvened at my parents' home after the Sunday sessions for a great dinner and more cousin/grandparent time.
My beautiful mom with Belle and my little man, all in a happy daze
The next day was the beginning of an entire week off school for the kids! Here's what it looked like:
There's just something wrong about sledding for spring break
1 comment:
Yes, I DID smile at that picture of Josh, and Benny is such an adorable little kid!
"Rogue snow storm"-- perfect name!
Post a Comment