Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Birthday, Baby Blessing and Inauguration

I find myself with some rare quiet time so I thought I'd attempt to catch the blog up on a few of the goings on around here. It's been an eventful week.


Thursday was Anna's birthday. Brennan took the 4 big kids plus Anna's best friend, Chloe, to our local amusement park. They had a great time and I think Brennan deserves big-time kudos for even attempting that, let alone having a good time. Anna wanted an Ipod shuffle and barbie stuff. I think that pretty well captures the state of transition she's in. Part of her is anxious and excited to grow up and part of her is still clinging to her childhood. I'm so grateful she's still got some little girl in her, but am also enjoying watching her transform into an older more independent version of her self. Another of her favorite gifts was a cookbook.







Saturday all of my siblings were in town to support my Dad in his latest adventure of soon-to-be Lieutenant Governor. We missed two of my SIL's and their kids, but it was so much fun to have that many of us together. 3 of us live in the same State and 3 live far away so it's a rare thing to be all together these days. All the adults had dinner Sat. night and then went to Lize and Josh's for more chatting.


We decided to take advantage of the fact that all of my brothers would be in town and blessed Joshua at my parents' home on Sunday. John and Jamie and Brennan's uncle Dixon (who's the reason Joshua's middle name is Dixon) and his son Cody kindly travelled (again, in Jamie's case!) so far to be with us. It was such a nice gathering and Brennan gave baby love a beautifully sweet baby blessing. I'm so grateful for the priesthood and for Brennan's willingness to bless us with it.

Abby, Lucy, Anna and Belle

my brother, Christian

My brother Davis, and his wife, Melissa

Brennan's uncle Dixon and Joshua


Monday night all my family gathered at a park for dinner and games and a FHE lesson. It was so nice and relaxing and the weather was wonderfully cool.


Tuesday was the inauguration for our new Governor. It was kind of out of control keeping all the kids quiet, especially Ben, he's not a quiet kind of kid, but I'm so glad they had that experience. It really was just thrilling to be there. The choir was amazing and as they sang I was so moved with gratitude for our country and state. Our prophet, President Monson, said the closing prayer, which my kids and Brennan and I were so excited to be there for. My girls were particularly excited that a former American Idol contestant, who is the daughter-in-law of our new Governor sang.

Mom and Dad




We came home exhausted from all we've had going, but very happy and very grateful. Meredith and Rebecca, we really missed you and your kids, but thank you for holding down your respective forts so Braden and Christian could be here!

5 comments:

Brynn said...

What an incredible last few days! I can't wait to meet Joshua. If he is anything like the other children I am sure he is a doll.
What a blast you all were able to be together as siblings. Did you at least get to have one night of late night conversation in total Bell fashion?!
Tell your Dad's congrats for me! I wish I could have been at the inauguration, what a great experience for your family. Now he just needs to run for the US Senate so I am not the only Bell in DC!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

GRRRRREAT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

I like your suit, ange! i wish i could have been there. what a cool thing. I'm glad at least Christian got to go.

Shauna said...

What fun and exciting times for your family. I watched the inauguration on TV and was looking for you guys the whole time. I saw you. You looked cute in your suit. Congratulations to your whole family.

Grandma W said...

Oh, that is the suit where you are on YouTube. Ha Ha. You looked great. What a wonderful blog with warm and loving comments on fun and thrilling events. Tell your dad Congratulations and give baby Joshua a loving kiss. Anna's birthday sounded like a blast. She is truly a beautiful young lady.