It all started a little too early for my liking with Ben a little after 6:00 insisting on his orange juice and Caillou. After getting him situated I crawled back into bed hoping to catch a few more minutes of sleep before facing the crazy day ahead.
At 7:15 the phone rang and it was the furniture delivery people saying they would be here with our new couch soon. I scrambled to throw some clothes on while hustling the girls along their routine. Brennan had arranged for a friend to stop by at 8:00 to move the old couches, but that would be too late so he and I flew around the family room moving the old couch and love seat out of the way. The new couch guys showed up while I scrambled to grab about 1,375 lincoln log pieces, some ever elusive pens and pencils, and oh so much more from where the couches had been as they began trying to maneuver the new couches in. They finally got it in position and unwrapped it and wal-la! they unveiled half of our new espresso (aka dark brown) sectional --only it was dark green.
Hmmm, we told the guys that our couch was supposed to be dark brown and they agreed that this just wasn't. They checked their truck to see if the other half was correct and it was so they took the wrong one out and brought the right one in. They took the plastic off and ....it was dark green. Then they said that it was brown outside and found a label on the wrapping that confirmed that these indeed were the correct two pieces of our espresso sectional. Oh goodie, I have my lovely new couch and if we put it on our porch it will be just the color we want it to be!!!
The delivery guys finally leave after bringing the other half back in. I decided to go take a shower before our next appointment, the insulation guys. They were supposed to be here between 10-12. Fortunately Brennan wanted to be there for that appointment because at 9:30 the doorbell rang. Here's the problem, I was just finishing up my shower in the kids' bathroom because our shower is having issues. Here's the other problem, the access to the attic is right outside the kids' bathroom door. There I was trapped in the bathroom with all of my clothes in my bedroom and men were right outside the door. I heard them walk back towards the front door and assumed I would have a few minutes to dart to my room while they gathered some equipment. I bundled up in my towel and made a break for it. I almost made it, but one of the poor men walked back down the hall just as I took off. I was covered by my towel and I'm sure he just saw a big blur running by, but still it's not my favorite way to start my day.
Things did get better. Brennan came home with new light bulbs that have saved the day, my couch is brown again! Whew. Happy days. The bad news though is when we were talking about what our next project for the family room would be and I mentioned a new chair Brennan lowered the boom that our maroon, falling apart, ugly, hideous lazy boy rocking/reclining chair was not going anywhere. I reassured him that we could get a reclining chair but no rocking chair, they just aren't very pretty. He is not going to back down on this one and so my lovely new couch is all for not because even if we replace this chair it has to be with rocker and recliner because apparently when Brennan has a headache that's what soothes him and has ever since he was little. Could we have this magical soothing chair in our bedroom? Evidently we cannot.
Things did get better again as we actually began sitting on our new couch this evening and realized that it's for giants. We are certain that this couch was no where near this huge when we saw it and sat on it in the display room. However, for whatever reason, we got some big and tall version. I am not kidding. When you sit on it you feel like you're in a tree house. The funniest part though is that tonight when me and all the kids were up (and I do mean up) on the couch we looked over at Brennan on his ugly little lazy boy rocking chair and he was TINY, like miniature, and we all burst out laughing. Brennan said he had been feeling really small and was really weirded out that all the kids were towering above him. Poor guy, I couldn't take anything he said seriously all night because every time I looked at him I had uncontrollable urges to laugh. Even now as I'm typing I cannot quite laughing, you've got to see it. You're all invited to come and perch atop our couch (don't worry we've got a rope ladder) and use some binoculars to see Brennan in his little chair. We've only had our couch for one day and already so many good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
so funny. the "big blur", the couches on the patio, ad the mini brennan, LOL. I am so glad that light bulbs made all the difference, can't wait to see them.
That is so dang funny thinking of tiny Brennan. Tiny people are so funny. My friends and I have a group photo we took where we're all normal size but for some reason, Norm, who is standing right with all the rest of us, came out about two thirds the size of a normal human. It kills me. Tiny Brennan is a great image.
Oh my gosh Ange!!! I am DYING! I want to come see, and experience sitting on your couch, only if Brennan is in his chair though. That is so funny!!
Love the idea of Tiny Brennan. Related to Teeny Ralph? What kind of lights made such a difference? I am laughing and laughing about your predicament. Hillarious.
So sorry you bought the "nose bleed" sectional. I have to sit in "every" chair and couch we buy. I hate it when my feet don't touch the floor or I get lost in pillows. We purchased our family room furniture "around" two recliner/rockers by Lazy Boy.
Hey there is nothing like the old recliner. If you ever watched Frazier, you will remember how the dad moved into Frazier's very modern apartment with his old recliner. That how I see Brennan's rocker. I will need to rope ladder.
Why is it that every time new furniture get's delivered it looks different than it did in the showroom?
That is too funny!!! That was so much fun staying up chatting last night. It's great to have some girl time. Sounds like the next book club better be at your house so I can see the beast, and more importantly, miniture brennen.
You need to post a picture, I have to see this gigantic couch, funny.
wow! sounds fun! I can't wait to see the pictures. For what it is worth, I support the removal of the rocker/recliner. I have a friend who I am helping with her family room and she is faced with the same dilemna with her husband's special place!
Teeny Ralph what are you doing here? Great now my imaginary friends have entered the electronic realm.
Great stories. I am so glad that the couches truly are brown. How fun to get some new furniture.
Hilarious- Brennan and his chair with the headaches, green couch, treehouse, darting from the shower. Laugh out loud hilarious. Thanks.
Post a Comment