Last week was our Stake Conference and while we were at the Saturday night session there was a woman near us whose cell phone started ringing. I'm ashamed to admit that I was kind of thinking how horrible that is and that there's just no excuse for it.
So today Benny still felt warm to me which meant Brennan and I would need to do church in shifts. I took the three older kids to Sacrament meeting. We actually got there a few minutes before church started, but still didn't get a seat in the chapel so we sat towards the front of the cultural hall. Things were going along nicely and other than Nate being a little squirmy it was a nice meeting. Just as the deacons were finishing passing the water, the reverent silence was shattered by the tune of "OH WHEN THE SAINTS, GO MARCHING IN...." no words, but the music just blaring, yep you guessed it ...my cell phone. Oh the horror. It was in my bag and I knew it would take me forever to find it in there so I threw Nate off my lap, grabbed the bag and rushed out the doors into the hall. Once out in the hall I frantically felt around for my phone in the bag, but couldn't find it. The girls burst through the doors and yelled, "Mom, you grabbed the wrong bag!" "Go get the other bag!" I said. A few seconds later we were all out in the hall with our two bags and the phone had finally stopped ringing. Honestly, I have never considered inactivity so seriously. We stood out there for 15 minutes while I mustered up every ounce of courage I could find. I finally opened the doors and slinked back in mouthing, "I'm so sorry!" to whoever was looking. Truly horrifying.
Fortunately, everyone around us was more charitable than I and found the whole scene quite hilarious. I consoled myself thinking that probably only the people in the few surrounding rows heard and saw the commotion. Then I was talking to the two bishopric councilors and told them how awful I felt for disrupting the Sacrament and they said, "That was you?" They totally heard it. I will never judge again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Andrea, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! What a comedy of errors. I'm SO sorry for you, but that is really hilarious! So glad you shared that. And so glad it happened to you, not me!
I am very much judging you.
That is so crazy how sometimes things work out like that Ange. What a funny story. You are a good person and a good mother for heading back into the chapel afterward. I think I would have taken that as a sign to take my one of two skippies for the year.
Uh, Davis you were the cause of it all! Macy I'm laughing at the "skippies" term.
Post a Comment