We just spent a fun-filled weekend with my Dad's family. He's the oldest of eight kids and there are 45 grandkids and 22 great grandkids so far. We were missing a few of the grandkids and great grandkids, but still had quite a crew and tons of fun. Thursday night my cousins 18 and older and their spouses went out to eat and then back to my house. We had so much fun laughing hard at each other and our stories. Brennan was in good form and entertained us all with things like his confession of crying in "High School Musical". Eliza came up with some really fun questions to get some great stories out of everyone. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time. Good times.
Friday morning we got up bright and early and drove up to the mountains where we got kicked out of several bowerys (it's a long story) and so finally ended up at a nearby park. The kids and a few of the adults played capture the flag and then most of us played softball. After all that fun in the park we drove to our hotel and then went to a really nice water park where the kids had a blast swimming and Brennan and I chased Benny all over. We had a nice dinner and visiting and then headed back to the hotel. I put Brennan and the kids to bed and went down to the hotel conference room where my Uncles and Aunt (yep 7 boys and 1 girl) each gave a presentation on our great great grandparents. They did a great job of highlighting the interesting information and keeping it fairly brief. After that Eliza, me a couple of uncles and a couple of aunts hung out in the lobby and chatted into the morning. That is what I live for! I love those late night laughs and bonding. I feel so blessed to enjoy the people I am bound to forever so much!
I got back to the room around 2:15 and had one of the worst nights of my life. Benny was up every 45 minutes so poor Brennan had been dealing with him the whole time I was downstairs and then both of us the rest of the night. We couldn't let him cry for fear of disturbing all the hotel guests and since he knew we were in there he wasn't about to be left in his port-a-crib. Not my favorite part of the trip.
After a morning swim for the kids we packed up and headed to Grandma's house where they had a big bounce thing for the kids and lunch. At the nearby park the kids played soccer with Uncle Ry and then we played a few volleyball games.
We got home last night and I went to bed at 8:30 and woke up at 8:30 this morning. Wonderful.
I only took two pictures the whole time!!! I'm really annoyed about it, but I was too busy having fun to remember to be a responsible adult and capture any of it. Here are the two I did get:
Friday morning we got up bright and early and drove up to the mountains where we got kicked out of several bowerys (it's a long story) and so finally ended up at a nearby park. The kids and a few of the adults played capture the flag and then most of us played softball. After all that fun in the park we drove to our hotel and then went to a really nice water park where the kids had a blast swimming and Brennan and I chased Benny all over. We had a nice dinner and visiting and then headed back to the hotel. I put Brennan and the kids to bed and went down to the hotel conference room where my Uncles and Aunt (yep 7 boys and 1 girl) each gave a presentation on our great great grandparents. They did a great job of highlighting the interesting information and keeping it fairly brief. After that Eliza, me a couple of uncles and a couple of aunts hung out in the lobby and chatted into the morning. That is what I live for! I love those late night laughs and bonding. I feel so blessed to enjoy the people I am bound to forever so much!
I got back to the room around 2:15 and had one of the worst nights of my life. Benny was up every 45 minutes so poor Brennan had been dealing with him the whole time I was downstairs and then both of us the rest of the night. We couldn't let him cry for fear of disturbing all the hotel guests and since he knew we were in there he wasn't about to be left in his port-a-crib. Not my favorite part of the trip.
After a morning swim for the kids we packed up and headed to Grandma's house where they had a big bounce thing for the kids and lunch. At the nearby park the kids played soccer with Uncle Ry and then we played a few volleyball games.
We got home last night and I went to bed at 8:30 and woke up at 8:30 this morning. Wonderful.
I only took two pictures the whole time!!! I'm really annoyed about it, but I was too busy having fun to remember to be a responsible adult and capture any of it. Here are the two I did get:
my Dad holding Benny on a little nature walk.
My cutest cousin Rachel in her darling swimsuit.
No comments:
Post a Comment