Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Great Escape, II

Yep, we (by "we" I really mean Brennan) lost Benjamin at Church again. Once again, it was right after Sacrament Meeting, Brennan brought Ben back in from being out in the hall with him and set him down, pointed him at me and told him to go to Mom. I was unaware of any of this as I gathered up 1,403 coloring books and 20,003 crayons. When I finally managed to stuff everything into our three bags I turned around to see my whole family minus the baby. I started interrogating, "Where's Ben?" Brennan replied, "I sent him to you." At that point I knew we had a problem. We quickly and frantically searched the chapel then ran out into the closest hall to the foyer, then finally back through the chapel to the other foyer and there he sat while some woman I don't know was kindly fixing his shoe for him. He saw me and smiled as if to say, "Oh, hi Mom, what are you doing?" I thanked the woman and shot Brennan a look. He was visibly relieved and said again, "I sent him to you." Oh dear.

6 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Lol, Ange. That is a classic Brennan defense- fully rooted in his own legitimate perspective, but objectively, completely immaterial.

We love Brennan.

Captain Awesome said...

I read this, and enjoyed it very much.

Andrea W. said...

Captain Awesome, LOL, go back to silently lurking...you're a smarty pants.

Jo said...

This Bennie is a real fearful clinger isn't he!? You may need to fit him up with one of those electronic ankle things. What an adventursome guy!

Captain Awesome said...

I've consulted the relevant case law, which clearly states "In the event of the dissapearance of the child, the individual who is in possession of said child is responsible for said dissapperance. The only exception to this rule is when the individual in possession of the child sends the child to another individual. It is the moment when said child is sent to another individual, rather than the moment the child arrives at the individual, that responsibility for said child transfers from the first individual to the second, insofar as the first individual pointed the child in the direction of the second indvidual and said "go to (second individual's name)".

Andrea W. said...

LOL, Cap'n.