Sunday, July 1, 2007
Church Snacks
Our church is from 11:30 -- 2:30, right during lunchtime. Today I was running around just before church trying to get ready (it seems I can either get everyone else ready or me, not both) and get there on time for once. I noticed the kids gathering up some snacks which I didn't protest, knowing they would need something. We managed to get there just as Sacrament Meeting began and settled in for our weekly adventure. (It's hard work producing a 3 Ring Circus every week!) Shortly after our arrival, the kids began pulling out their snacks. I happened to glance over at Anna to see her pulling a jar of peanut butter and a spoon out of a large ziploc bag. In my shocked horror, I shot her a look and whispered for her to please HURRY and put that away and then tried to explain how it was not appropriate to bring a whole jar of peanut butter to church. She was crestfallen and asked me how else she was supposed to bring peanut butter for a snack. We love Anna!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is hilarious!!!! Almost as good as darling, ditzy woman we knew in Washington Terrace, who (Sharon witnessed this) pulled hot dogs out of her purse to stave off the hunger pangs of her poor grandchildren during Sacrament meeting.
Lol, what a great image. How funny and innovative of her. Credit for thinking out of the box.
Post a Comment