A couple of years ago our home was invaded by an uninvited guest named Bonehead. It was a rough few years, but I haven't heard much about him for a while now until this morning.
Last night I went to check on the girls downstairs before I went to bed. It was hot and though the basement is cooler, it can still get toasty. When I went into Abby's room I saw that she was absolutely drenched in sweat. There were beads of perspiration all over her face, her pajamas and hair were more than a little damp. There she was sweating to death while under 5 blankets. Yep, 5. All of the blankets she's acquired since she was a baby she keeps on her bed and was under each and every one of them. I removed all but one of her blankets, took off her pajama shirt and forced water down her. When we checked on her later she had cooled off sufficiently.
This morning we were telling her about finding her so sweaty and Anna said, "Tell them why you cover up with all your blankets, Abby." Knowing she was cornered Abby reluctantly shared her reasons with us. "When we were in our old room upstairs and I only had my one teddy bear blanket on me I was asleep but I felt some one tap me like this (she tapped her side)." Brennan said, "It was probably me or Mom." Abby shook her head and said, "No, I know it was the Bonehead."
My poor little Abby downstairs night after night putting on her protective armor of her 5 blankets in her 100 degree room. We love Abby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The Bonehead. I totally forgot about him. So funny. But kind of sad that she's been roasting every night because of it.
wow, I was laughing so hard. I love how the bonehead isn't something that makes them freak out and have nightmares about, its just a fact of life and they will do all they can to accommodate him. LOL
Oh my gosh, I love the Bonehead so much. He may be my favorite thing ever. The mere thought of the Bonehead makes me laugh so hard. Man, how great that he's back.
As I think about it, the best part of all this is that the bonehead, an apparition bent on harming little girls, is rendered powerless by enough blankets, and can't do anything to the exposed head and face. He must pace back and forth, cursing, waiting, watching for the day she uses only 3 blankets.
Ditto to big Ry. The bonehead is my favorite thing IN THE WORLD. Period. You know how there is that cake that women love called "better than S__ Cake"? Should be called "better than Bonehead cake," because Bonehead is the best thing in the world.
I wonder if the neighborboy who spontaneously created bonehead to scare a couple little girls, then surely forgot about it next week, knows the havoc his monstor will cause for generations, leaving many broken lives and relationships in its wake.
Post a Comment