Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Festival Days, Part I

 

We’re celebrating our cute little town all week this week.  They have things going on all week culminating on Saturday with a race, parade and carnival.  We joined in the festivities on Monday at the Bike parade and movie in the park.

We spent all afternoon decorating the boys’ bikes with our neighbors.  Abby and her friend, Charity, helped decorate Joshy’s. 

I think they turned out pretty cute.

DSCN0530_2176

DSCN0527_2173

DSCN0529_2175

 

 

 

Here’s the whole crew:  Joshy, Ben, Zack, Nate, Ty and KadeDSCN0534_2180

They had all the kids go quite a distance, I had my job cut out walking alongside Josh, reminding him to keep his eyes on the road.  He was busy checking everyone and everything out.  At first I think he was a little confused and kept saying, “I want to be in the parade!”  I kept trying to explain that he was in the parade, 150 kids riding around on bikes wasn’t the kind of parade he’s seen before.  We convinced him he was winning and he rode hard for probably 1/4 mile.  The big kids rode around 2 times and had a great time.  They all got a free popsicle for their trouble and felt quite satisfied with themselves even though it was HOT!

After that we ran home, dropped Josh and Brennan off and went back to the park to meet up with a bunch of neighbors and friends for a viewing of Despicable Me in the park.  We all cuddled together on blankets and enjoyed the show.  They even had free cotton candy.  Doesn’t get better than that.

DSCN0537_2183 

DSCN0538_2184

DSCN0541_2187

DSCN0540_2186

DSCN0539_2185

On the way home Abby said, “It’s nights like this I love where we live!  I’m going to sleep well tonight!”  The other kids heartily agreed, we all felt completely happy.  Good times!

No comments: