I’m totally clogging up your Google Reader, sorry. I’m on a roll though and I gotta go with it when it happens. In our new Teachings of the Presidents of the Church, George Albert Smith the first chapter lists 11 resolutions Pres. George Albert Smith made and called is personal creed. Here are my very favorite from his list and ones I want to adopt into my own personal creed:
1. “ I would be a friend to the friendless and find joy in ministering to the needs of the poor.”
5. “ I would not seek to force people to live up to my ideals but rather love them into doing the thing that is right.” (Great parenting approach)
8. “I would not knowingly wound the feelings of any, not even one who may have wronged me, but would seek to do him good and make him my friend.”
10. “ I would not be an enemy to any living soul.”
11. “ Knowing that the Redeemer of mankind has offered to the world the only plan that will fully develop us and make us really happy here and hereafter, I feel it not only a duty but also a blessed privilege to disseminate this truth.”
Great stuff, right?
2 comments:
wow, those are really great. i'd love to put those up on my wall. thanks!
So inspiring. I love #5 and #8. Good stuff.
Post a Comment