Nathan was baptized on Saturday, July 2nd. I love baptisms, there’s just something so beautifully simple about them that there are few events I feel the Spirit in more abundance than at a baptism, especially one of a family member.
Here he is right before the meeting started, all ready in his whites. Brennan felt like it was a really different experience with a son, because he got to be with Nate every step of the way. When the girls were baptized, they were in their own dressing room with me, but this time Brennan was with Nate right before and right after his special moment. What a sweet father and son.
Several of our family members were out of town or sick and we really missed them! It was still a beautiful day and we were so grateful Ryan and Macy even pushed a trip to a beach house back to attend! Another boy in our ward, Trey, was also baptized. His aunt, and my brother, Ryan, each gave beautiful talks that were just perfect. Trey and his darling siblings/cousins sang a song, and Nate, Anna, Abby and Ben sang, “When I am Baptized.” It was really sweet, but what made it even better was Joshy noticing all his siblings “on stage” and realizing he was part of that group. He marched right up there and took his place right next to Ben. It was so cute.
Some of our cute guests
Life is so much better with cousins.
Brennan baptized Nate and confirmed him, with my Dad, my brothers Ryan and Josh, and our sweet friend Earl standing in the circle. We are truly blessed to have the priesthood. I’m so grateful to all those men for participating !
Here he is in his new shirt and tie!
And here is Joshy, who no matter what the occasion, always seems to end up nakey.
Nate was sweet about everything. He was thrilled to get his very own scriptures and a new white shirt and tie. He’s been so happy to feel so clean, inside and out. I know he was touched by the talks, and being baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost. It was definitely a payoff day for Brennan and me. We love Nathan!
2 comments:
I love that ordinance too-- not a wasted word,and so powerful. Everything was extra special-- the talks, the music, the cousins, the family time (with homemade salsa!), and especially sweet Nate. Nice job everyone!
Great job Nate! It was such a sweet meeting, Ange, and I very much agree, there is something really special about baptisms.
Post a Comment