Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Joshy Turns 2!

 

IMG_1355

This sweet baby love burst onto the scene exactly 2 years ago today.   As you may recall there were quite a few things going on when Joshua was born.  That same day Ben broke his leg, Brennan played in the State Golf Amateur Tournament (a major accomplishment of a major goal) the day we came home from the hospital and the day Ben got his cast on, all but one brother was in town for the 4th and there were 4,032 things going on, Joshy had jaundice and had to live in the little light pod thing for the first week of his life, his mother was a little traumatized and kind of a mess, he was blessed the day before Gov. Herbert was inaugurated and then attended that inauguration with us to support his Grandpa as the newly appointed Lt. Governor.  Whew, I’m exhausted just writing all of that.  Anyway, you get the picture.

IMG_1388

The craziness that surrounded his new little life, was actually completely perfect, because it’s so indicative of life with Joshua Dixon.  He has kept us busy, smiling, laughing, exhausted, and delighted for 2 years. 

IMG_1726

He and Anna have been my busiest babies, only with Anna I was young and energetic.  Joshua has made me feel VERY old.  The thing is, I can’t feel sorry for myself for one second because along with his mischief we get chubby squishiness, a face good enough to eat, unfiltered enthusiasm, constant happy chit-chat, and lots of love and affection.

100_1071

Joshua has also given me one of my life’s greatest joys, he can’t say “Benny” so he finally came up with “Nubby”.  I can’t explain to you how happy I get every time he says “Nubby.”  It’s the best nickname EVER. 

This little birthday had a very sad ending.  Joshy’s obsessed with going outside and I spend every second outside with him making sure he doesn’t ride his little bike down the hill never to be seen again.  Well, tonight, he foiled my attempts to stop him.  He got too far ahead of me.  It was awful.  I ran after him as fast I could but still completely helpless to stop him from gaining more and more speed.  He finally rolled off and scraped his little face up terribly.  Oh, I felt so awful!  He only cried for a few minutes, and it could have been SO SO SO much worse.  Also, a man in my ward who’s a doctor happened to be right in front of my house a few minutes later.  He reassured me that I didn’t need to take him in and told me what to do.  Serious tender mercy. 

Notice the smile.

Image07062011203434

So, sweet Joshy boy, I’m so sorry you got hurt on your birthday.  I’m thinking we may be in for lots of adventures with you.  I’ll always feel blessed to be able to be along for that ride.  Tonight I rocked you and sang our song and layed you down feeling more blessed than ever to be your Mother.   Happy Birthday, my sweet baby boy!   We love Joshua!!!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

We love baby Joshy! who's not a baby anymore, nor has he been for the last 12 months! Joshy's very existence has brought such joy to my life. I only have to think of his grunting naughty laugh or picture his hearty thighs and I just am filled with pure joy. I love you joshy! and wow so so so sad about him crashing. what a little stink!

Nicole said...

Wow, I can't believe all of that was going on when he was born! You are an amazing mother and I love your outlook on life! Happy Birthday Joshy! I can't believe he and Andrew are two!

Jo said...

A true character who has a unique way of worming himself into one's heart. I can't see him or even think of him without laughing. Adorable Joshy. Can't believe he's 2!