This handsome guy got to go to day camp for 2 days! He left around 8:00 am on Wednesday and Thursday mornings and got home around 3:30 both days. He LOVED it. He came home super chatty about all the scout humor, bb gun shooting, bow shooting, winning a pull-up contest and all around great times. He kept trying to tell us about a song they sang, something about a moose they were going to have for breakfast but it was still decomposing. He couldn’t get it all out because it cracked him right up every time he tried. Oh boy, its bringing back memories of when the “Boys Life” scouting magazine showed up in our home and my brothers couldn’t wait to learn all the awesome jokes. It’s a bit painful, but mostly sooooo soooo cute to see these cute little boys get so excited about good things like scouting and cracking themselves up. Mostly it was really strange to send my little guy away from home for a couple of days. I’m so glad he loved it so much. We love Nate!
3 comments:
So Nate's joined the ranks of the cute, goofy 8 year old boys. I remember it well-- especially the Boy's Life jokes. good times!
I felt the same way sending Rex up there this summer. So crazy how old they are sometimes. I will have to ask Rex about the funny song and jokes...didn't have the pleasure of getting that info.
Wow, he's growing up. I'm glad he had a good time. I hated every minute of it. I'm not sure why, but it sort of got me started on my lifelong loathing of camping.
Post a Comment