Brennan is one of the funnest people I know to mess with. He's not one to hold back expressing how he really feels about, well, everything, so it's always rewarding to provoke him into some colorful commentary. I've gotten him twice this week, once on accident, but still rewarding.
The first and accidental incident was on Monday when we had to get a new garage door opener. For all Brennan's strengths, mechanical ingenuity is not one of them. So every kind of technology holds a kind of mysterious supernatural power in his mind. When he came home from work on Monday he was eager to inspect the new painfully expensive garage door opener. I was busy making dinner and helping kids with homework so I was distracted, but somewhere in my consciousness I was aware of the fact that Brennan kept going in and out of the garage in an increasingly frustrated way and muttering something about a light. I finally heard him say, "I can't get the stupid light on the garage opener to go out!" A few minutes later something the installer told me before he left entered my mind. "Oh, yeah, the guy said that the light is on a motion sensor." For some reason it was so funny to me to then realize Brennan had been opening the door, seeing the light off and then one of the kids would run through and it would turn on. He'd start pushing buttons and everything he could think of but the more he tinkered the more it stayed on. Poor guy, all he got from me was very unsympathetic laughing in his face.
The other night I had taken an antibiotic that I'm supposed to take with a meal. I hadn't eaten much and started getting nauseated. Anytime anyone in our family complains about their stomach hurting, Brennan spends the next hour anticipating them throwing up. Every time they get up or cough or anything he'll say, "Are you going to throw up? Do you need a bucket?" I went into the kitchen for some soda to calm my stomach down. When he asked me why I was stealing his drink I told him why which was followed by his usual stalking and asking me if I needed a bucket. I felt fine after a few minutes so I got up and started putting the laundry I had folded away. When I walked by the chair he was in I couldn't resist my evil impulse so I stopped, leaned over him and started gagging. He instantly started yelling and waving his arms all over. I DIED laughing and he just rolled his eyes and said, "You think you're funny, don't you?" Yes, I totally do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
For reals LOL. He is probably the funnest person ever to mess with, Josh coming in a close second. Priceless stories. I really really wish I could have seen the fake throw up reaction. good form.
I think you are pretty funny too. Every once in a while, I still stop to laugh at your, "It's a shame she let herself go like that" comment. I don't know if you remember that, but oh how we laughed!
Lol. Some great material as always.
i love the throwing up joke. that's great.
Post a Comment