Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Card Letter

Just thought this might be a good place to store this, so I’ll have it when I make my blog book.  Here’s this year’s Christmas letter:

December 2010

I can hardly contain my excitement for this Christmas season. The kids are at such great ages, the oldest ones are still young enough to be excited about every little thing and we'll all get to re-discover the magic through our youngest's eyes. I love that we have so many opportunities to teach them about Jesus at this time of year and I love to watch them be baffled when I can't seem to get through one single Christmas book without crying. I hope they'll fully understand someday. What a beautiful time of year!

Joshua will be 17 months old Dec. 6th. He's a popular guy. His siblings and parents can't resist his chubby, squatty, smiley, grunty deliciousness. He loves music and loves to dance. He loves to run away from me every chance he gets. Every time he walks into the family room he points at the Christmas tree and inhales loudly with his mouth wide open. I can't get enough. We also can't get enough of his manly hearty laugh. We love Joshua.

Benjamin is 4 and is loving his first year of preschool. He takes it very seriously and assigns himself hours' worth of homework. Benny has grown up so much this last year, it kind of breaks our hearts. Fortunately, he's such a sunshine boy and is truly a huge help to me. He's so dialed in and saves Joshua's life nearly every day. My favorite thing of his lately is when he asks to watch one of the “Stoy Tory” movies. We love Benjamin.

Nate is our 7 year old 2nd grader. He's loving his teacher and has lots of friends in his class. He tolerates homework and chores and everything else in his life as necessary evils but really wants to spend every waking moment talking about, watching, or playing sports. He currently plays basketball and takes Karate lessons and loves them both. Nate has a great sense of humor and keeps us laughing, but his most charming trait is his sincerity. We love Nathan.

Abigail will be 10 next month and is in 4th grade. Abby is the child that we often wonder if we should just hand the reigns over to. She keeps all of us in line and I'll never need a planner or pda as long as I have her. She's also very entertaining – constantly making up one-of-a-kind dances or cracking us up with her colorful commentaries. This summer she got to be in our little town's summer theatre production of “The King and I” and LOVED it. She stays busy with homework, piano, ballet and socializing every chance she gets. We love Abigail.

Anna is the big 12 and is currently surviving 7th grade, her first year of Junior High! It's been busy and stressful so far, but she's handling it all really well. She's playing soccer this year and is hoping to do track this Spring at school. She's a fast little thing -- on the field. Not so much when it comes to getting ready in the morning :). She has improved though and misses the bus less frequently. She and her friend, Chloe, are currently busy directing the play “Annie” with some neighborhood kids. They work so hard, and it's always fun to see the end result. She's such a creative, fun, loving girl. We love Anna.

I spend my days chasing Joshua, enjoying his and Ben's company – grateful to still have some at home. When the big kids get home from school things are hopping around here. I love it, but rely on datenights with Brennan, my bookclub, and my girls' nights out with my aunts and cousins to keep me sane, or somewhere close to sanity :).

Brennan never ceases to impress people with his endurance. He can watch college football for 10 hours straight. He feels strongly about every game, it all matters, and don't even get him started on the SEC. Seriously though, he's the best. He does a great job balancing work, recreation and family. He's such a sweet, helpful husband, and an involved, tender dad. We love Brennan.

We often talk about all the people we have come to love throughout the years and how grateful we are for all of you. We are so blessed by our family and friends and wish you each a very Merry Christmas!

Love, the Wrights

No comments: