Tonight the girls and I started to rhyme about getting Joshy a drink at the sink. We kept finding more words that rhymed and tried to add them all into one narrative. It was so much fun, we were really pulling out all the stops to give our little rhyming tale our most dramatic telling. Good times. Here’s what we came up with:
I ran to the sink for a…
hmmmn, let me think --
oh yes, a drink,
for my dear little stink.
I handed it over then heard a big clink,
my sanity then was on the brink.
No time to clean up we were off to the ice skating rink.
As we skated our cheeks were so cold they turned pink
and in order to stay up our arms we did link.
Suddenly my neck felt a kink
when someone pushed us – oh what a fink*!
I looked up to see a jolly old man helping us up with a wink.
It's time to wrap up -- my thoughts are gone in a blink,
and I want to make sure I get this tale in ink.
*dictionary.com definition #4 said, “contemptible”. It works!
2 comments:
Very clever and what a fun little thing to do with your kids.
so cute!
Post a Comment