Well last week was Abby’s big week. It was so much fun to see her shine on stage and she loved every minute. I love that she did it and think it’s so good for kids to develop confidence, the only problem is that you can’t just dabble in it, it’s kind of one of those things you sell your soul to. So I can’t say that I’m sorry it’s over. It was great, but having my 9 year old out til 11 pm each night for 2 weeks (1 week of final rehearsals and 1 week of performances) was a little much for me.
Overall it was a great experience though and we’re so proud of Abby for all her hard work and her willingness to put all that time into it without complaining.
here’s a shot of the stage, Abby’s in the front far left.
Each summer our little town puts on a musical at an outdoor stage in a beautiful woodsy park. It’s an amazing setting and even in the heat of the summer once it got dark it was deliciously cool surrounded by trees and our evening breeze. For the cast, their dressing rooms are tents and the backstage is some grass and then a forest. Pretty cool.
Abby played the part of Princess Ying Yaowlak (sp?), she’s the king’s favorite little daughter. She actually had several lines and did such a great job. Each night we had to pull all her hair up (now that the play’s over she can get a haircut – yay!!!) and spray it black. Then put on a lot of makeup to transform her into a little Siamese princess.
One of my favorite things in the world is watching my kids do something they love and do well. This was no exception, it was thrilling. She was darling and has great stage presence. Thank you so much to all those who came and supported her, she is so blessed with great family and friends!
9 comments:
She was so cute and did such a great job! Way to go Abby!
We left on our trip on Thursday. I was sad to miss her performances. She is adorable, I bet she did an awesome job.
Andrea!! I love all the updates! It is so fun to keep up with you and your family....we should hook up for a double date and we can have the grandparents watch our kids up there!!
Abby looks so cute. So sad we missed it!
She looks amazing. What a joy to see her follow in your footsteps and enjoy the arts!
Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone. Abby is such a beautiful and talented young lady and we are so proud of her. There is no doubt in my mine that she acted out her part to perfection.
Man, it is really tough for me that we missed that. Would so love to have seen it. She looks fabulous though. Well done, Abigail.
So dang cute, I'm so so glad we came and saw her. I don't know how I won't explode with pride when my own kids do some kind of performance, because just watching my sweet nieces and nephews perform about kills me with joy and pride and love. She really did do an amazing job. I'm so proud to be her aunt.
Gosh I love that play! It kills me to have missed it. Although, Ry missed it, too, and he doesn't have nearly as good an excuse!
Post a Comment