I have fallen woefully behind in blogging. That is really sad, because it’s usually the one thing I’m pretty on top of. Anyway, let’s take a trip down memory lane shall we? Clear back to the end of June.
Anna had a blast at girls camp. Normally you don’t go until your 12 which Anna won’t be for another month, but they wanted to keep everyone in the same grade together so she got to go a little early. She was in a potentially intimidating position going to camp without yet even being in young women’s and not really knowing the older girls. I’ve gotten many reports that it didn’t seem to hold her back at all. She was totally herself and loved the whole experience.
Anna with her tent mates
Brennan got to go up for a night and that is probably the only way I got through the week, knowing she was safe and happy. We missed her sooooooo much but are so happy she had such a great time. My favorite story from her camp experience was when they went canoeing. Evidently before the leaders really knew what happened their three littlest campers jumped in a canoe and took off. The leaders watched nervously as these three little girls got further and further out. The two priesthood leaders there at the time (who happen to be two of the most competent men in the world – one’s an pilot and one grew up on a farm and is as hardy and solid as they come) decided they’d better grab a canoe and go rescue Anna, Chloe and Sadie. Off they went and then over they went. Yep, our gallant heroes capsized. In the meantime our three little damsels who never knew they were in distress made it back safe and sound and happy.
2 comments:
I'm so bitter that I missed out on that kaysville parade, i can't even stand it.
so crazy she is old enough to do that! I have the most vivid memories of girls camp, wowsers. She is so sweet, I'm sure everyone just felt of her warmth and confidence and just fell in love with her. I'm so excited for her as she starts young womens, its such a critical time where you really develop your personality and identity.
Post a Comment