Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nathan is 7!

PROOF0045

Is there cuter little face in all the world?  I love this boy.  He’s really grown up this last year, he’s no longer that shy reserved, little guy.  He went from that to class clown overnight.  I’m not going to lie to you and tell you I don’t miss that little boy, I do.  However, we’re really getting  a kick out of this quirky, athletic, funny, sweet, sometimes volatile, sports fanatic guy.  Brennan is loving having a companion to watch the NBA Playoffs/finals and World Cup with.  Nate will watch entire recorded games, he’s really starting to understand a lot about these games and loves spending the time with his Dad.  He told me today that when he plays football he wants to be a “wide open receiver”. 

We had a fun party with some of his friends and I was so busy I didn’t take one single picture!  His cousin, Rex, got to come and then slept over while Anna and Abby got to sleep at Rex’s house with Lucy and Molly.  Fun for all!

Today Nate got to open his presents from us, the one thing he really really wanted was this:

IMG_2350

We’ve all gotten pretty competitive with this baby.  Good choice, Nate.

We also gave him some really neat animal books I found at Costco.  One of them is about Sea Animals and one Safari Animals.  They have these envelopes built in with little cardboard animals you can assemble.  Nate was loving these.  He had a hard time going to sleep tonight so we let him go in our bed and when Brennan went in to check on him this is what he found:

IMG_2348

 

 

Each little animal lovingly tucked in.  Good night, safari animals.IMG_2349

We love this boy so very much and can’t imagine life without him.  We’re so grateful he joined us 7 years ago.  Happy birthday, sweet Natey boy.  We love Nathan!!!

8 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

That bed arrangement is so funny. I love that he wanted those boxing guys too. We love Natey here- best buddy Rex could ever have.

Eliza said...

that animal thing is adorable. what a sweet tender funny guy. Happy birthday natey!

Braden Bell said...

I love the animals all neatly tucked in! What a guy. Happy birthday, Nate!

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Those tucked in animals are soooo cute. Love that sweet boy.

I'm a little offended you are buying him animal books. You people don't seem to get that I am the only animal book your children need

Rebecca said...

happy b-day natey! he is such a cutey and that pic is adorable.

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday, indeed! It sounds like he would get along perfectly with my boys. Anyone who will talk sports will have plenty to talk about around here. I also love the rock 'em sock 'em robots. D bought that at a garage sale a few months ago and it was a huge hit!

Macy said...

I have seen that boxing toy on a movie or something...can't figure it out.

Happy Birthday Nate. Thanks for having Rex...he had a blast.

We loved having the girls stay over. They were so helpful and sweet.

Shauna said...

He is such a cute little boy. I love the animals with the blanket actually over them.