On June 3rd, Brennan turned 39! I feel bad that his birthday falls in the middle of end of school chaos. He always gets a little neglected, we haven’t even gotten a chance to go out on a date because of all the goings on. I did manage to make him a favorite dinner and had brownies and ice cream. He’s getting really old, but we still really love him. Seriously, I adore this Brennan of ours, but more on that on our anniversary post.
So the Saturday after the last day of school went something like this: Abby King and I rehearsal from 9 to 12. Abby, friend’s birthday party from 1 to 3 then another friend’s birthday party from 4 to 5:30. Anna’s friend’s birthday party at 4 (which Nate got to go too cause he’s friends with her little brother) picked them up at 6. Made dinner while helping girls get ready for their ballet recital. Ran out the door at 6:40 for the recital. The girls did a beautiful job, it was so fun to watch them perform. They’ve both gotten so graceful and really shine on stage.
This week is the Chloe and Anna’s production of Wizard of Oz. Abby is the Wicked Witch and they’ve all been working very hard. If you’re interested, you’re welcome to come watch at our Church Wednesday at 12:00. I think it will be around an hour. Anna even had them rehearse with distractions. She would pretend to be a little kid whining for his blanket or an adult who’s cell phone rang. They’ve thought of everything, and it cracks me up. Also, when I went downstairs yesterday I noticed a few improvements in the room they rehearse in.
A little tablecloth for the counter, a flower, a lamp, etc.
My favorite though, is this little inspirational message, I’m sure you’ve seen it before, but Chloe added that last line to make it more applicable to their little students.
Watch out, world!
6 comments:
What beautiful dancers!
I still can't believe what these two are capable of. It's such a great, creative way to use their time, and to give that chance to several other little kids as well. Can't wait to see it!
Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun and staying busy. I LOVE the new family pics!!
wow drama drama drama. I LOVE chloe's saying, truly inspiring. ; ) so dang funny. beautiful picture of them in their costumes btw, so cute.
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!
It looks like your kids are full of creativity! How fun. I love all the ballet pictures.
How fun! I love the things come up with! What would we do without the blogs? How in the world would we keep track of each other? I was actually thinking about you this week and even when I was with someone who knows you! We were at Girls Camp this week. Julie Varney is the president and I'm her secretary. Anyway, I don't remember why you came up, but I do miss you!!! Enjoy your summer! We are sure enjoying ours so far!
Post a Comment