WARNING: Some serious parental pride ahead!
We were mostly totally blown away with the performances. All the girls in the play did such a darling job, but we were especially proud of Anna and Abby. Abby was one of the leads and I kind of had no idea what to expect. She was totally confident, poised and had real genuine stage presence. And, it was a musical and you should have heard her belting out her songs. Brennan and I looked at each other and both kind of burst into tears (I know, we're out of control). Anna, we knew could perform, but she had to play like 4 different pats including a prince. Her other character was the comic relief and she totally hammed it up in the most delightful way. She too, has such a great voice and even managed to sing as a boy in a love song with Abby. SOOOOO cute. Here are some pics. and video clips for your viewing pleasure:
This first one is the duet with Anna (as a boy) and Abby. (They sang along with a CD which also had singing on it, so that's why you'll hear other people singing)
Untitled from Andrea W. on Vimeo.
Anna as the clumsy villain

Meg the Princess and Abby the Pauper
The whole cast
Our other weekend drama included a little trip to the ER for Joshua. Poor baby is currently battling round three of ear infections and then Saturday night was working hard to breathe. Sunday morning we called my parents who kindly took the 4 big kids all day while Brennan and I took Joshua to the hospital. They thought for sure he had RSV but he tested negative for it. They observed him for a while and then sent us home with an inhaler and what to watch for. He was so sweet through it all.
My mom reported that not suprisingly our emotional little crew back at home were upset and worried about their baby brother. Several of them were in tears and at one point my Mom walked into a bedroom where she saw Anna reading the scriptures to Abby and Nate in an effort to comfort them. So sweet. Nate also showed my Dad that he'd brought one of Joshua's socks to their house saying that Anna had suggested they have something to remind them of Joshy.
I will be the first to admit that the emotions around here are sometimes a little out of control and often run amok. When someone around here feels something, pretty much everyone in the world will be well aware of it. I'm probably the least emotional of the bunch, but I'm getting more and more so every day. Anyway, all that drama and feeling does have an upside and it was all put to very good use this weekend. We love our affectionate crazies very much.
14 comments:
I'm SO glad you got footage of those two little director/producer/actress/singers. What they pulled off was truly amazing. Such poise and talent for an 11 and 9 year old. What a treat!
And it was so sweet to see the kids' genuine love and concern for their baby brother. Talk about tender!
Ange, I am so kicking myself that we missed this. Unbelievable. I have been laughing my head off at these cute performances and photos. Your girls are soooo awesome with stuff like this. Tell them we hope never to miss another ACPP performance again.
ryan, you should be kicking yourself ; ) I almost didn't go, but decided to last minute and oh my, am I glad I did. It seriously was unbelievable. Just to give you an idea of how on top of it the producers were when they welcomed us to the play, they told us to turn off our cell phones, announced the next production they will be doing and when auditions are, and they also announced a cast party. i started thinking of the details that were involved in planning this and it blew me away. NOt to mention the whole performance, both girls seriously were amazing! so cute. I was bursting with pride too, and their just my nieces, I can't imagine what I would be like if that was my kids. loved it!
Ry and Mace didn't go and Piggy almost didn't go?! What is wrong with you people. I almost flew up for this thing. I seriously would have given quite a bit to be there. Such great stuff. If only to witness Brennan's 3rd public crying.
I am seriously blown away at Anna. I'm staying close to her because she'll be bankrolling this entire family in 25 years.
And Abigail! What a voice! What a presence! I loved every minute of these videos and description. Thanks so much for posting, Ange.
Anna and Abby are very talented young ladies. I know your sense of pride was overflowing. The tenderness the children show for one another is very touching. I surely hope Joshy is well. Those ear infections are awful. Kim suffered most of her childhood with them. You're a great mom, Andrea, and you children reflect it. Good job, everyone.
oh my goodness- that's so sad about joshy! i'm glad that it wasn't RSV.
what i wouldn't have given to have been at their play. those clips were so cute and funny. i love that anna had 4 parts. their "love" song was so, so, so cute.
All I have to say is Wow! I ended up going to St. George for the weekend and I am sorry we missed it. Your girls are so talented! What a fun surprise for you to see it after all that time and have it be so great. I cry anytime my kids are on a stage, I would have been bawling. So Cute!
So impressive! I can't believe how much work must go into all of this. Sounds like we definitely missed out.
I'm so sorry about Joshua!! Poor baby!
You're girls are so cute. How fun for them! It looks like they did a great job!
WOW! The steps in front of the accordian curtain at Knowlton Elementary have seen some amazing things in the past, but this was pretty cool! 6th graders?????
Wow, I hope Joshua is doing better. That is so scary, I heard there was a big outbreak of RSV so I hope he stays away from that. Andrew has started coughing a little and I am paranoid. What a neat thing for Anna and her friend to do, it really is so amazing and it was fun to watch the videos. They are so talented!
Wow Andrea. Your girls can sing! Was that some vibrato(sp?) from Abby?
OK, that has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen. They seriously put that together on their own? I love it!!! I need an invite to the next big show!!!
Post a Comment