I need to record what turned out to be my favorite Valentine's Day ever. Last Monday for our FHE lesson we talked about service and how important it must be because that's what Jesus spent his days on earth doing. We then wrote all our names (except Joshy) and each of us took turns drawing one of the names. The name we drew was our secret valentine and we had to do some kind of anonymous service for our person every day until Valentine's Day.
I LOVED seeing what everyone came up with. There were lots of treats left on pillows and cute pictures drawn. My favorite though was Nate leaving a pile of goldfish crackers on Anna's bed. I had Ben and everyday he'd come out and show me something he'd found on his bed. I'd say, "Wow, is that from your secret valentine?" "No." "Yeah, I think it is." So very cute and the kids really didn't need to be reminded they looked so forward to doing something kind each day. Sunday we each wrote a letter to our person and told them what we love about them and signed our name so they knew who had been serving them. It was so much fun. It showed me once again that in spite of all our problems and weaknesses, we are blessed with lots of love in our home.
Also, not much in life is more awesome than the Olympics, right? LOVING them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
that's such a cute idea with the service thing. sounds like your kids took it seriously and did sweet things.
Just want you to know I think you're an awesome mom! Every time I read one of your posts I think to myself how lucky your kids are to have you. You are really teaching them what's important and it inspires me!
Hear hear, Madison!
Madison, that was soooooo good of you to say especially on the day I showered at 5 pm and being kind of an ogre. We definitely have some less than inspiring moments around here so I hope I haven't done false advertising :) Anyway, thanks, you really made my day!
What a great idea! I think that might need to happen in our home. I don't think I can wait unitl next Valentine's day! We need it NOW! =)
I agree that you are an amazing mom and have such a sweet family. I LOVE this idea! What a wonderful way to foster love, thinking of others, and sweet memories in your home. Jake and I should totally do this (even though it would be no secret who had who! lol)
I love that idea Andrea! I can't wait to steal it!
Post a Comment