Today our dear Abby is 9 years old! What a great 9 years it's been to have her in our lives. Our lives would be a very dull place without Abby's sense of humor, sensitivity, conversation, wisdom, quirkiness, obedience and sweetness. We love Abigail!
Last night Abby had a Spa Party. Her birthday always catches me a little off guard right after the holidays. It was a little last minute, but I think we pulled it off. Once we had our theme, thanks to Google we found some recipes for some bath salts and lip gloss. We had four little stations, the lip gloss, the bath salts, decorating sleep masks, and massages (Anna's great idea). Anna also had her two friends, Kaycee and Sadie, come help and the three of them were lifesavers. I actually had time to take pictures and hang back and observe the party guests. They are such a cute group of girls and them really got into the activities and seemed to enjoy. It was a fun night.
Last night Abby had a Spa Party. Her birthday always catches me a little off guard right after the holidays. It was a little last minute, but I think we pulled it off. Once we had our theme, thanks to Google we found some recipes for some bath salts and lip gloss. We had four little stations, the lip gloss, the bath salts, decorating sleep masks, and massages (Anna's great idea). Anna also had her two friends, Kaycee and Sadie, come help and the three of them were lifesavers. I actually had time to take pictures and hang back and observe the party guests. They are such a cute group of girls and them really got into the activities and seemed to enjoy. It was a fun night.
Abby blowing out the candles on her cake.
50 points for anyone who can tell me what the cake is (hint: it is related to our theme)
lip gloss station - kool-aid powder, petroleum jelly, a little water
11 comments:
Such a cute idea, and what a good mom to do such fun things. Happy Birthday Abigail!
wow that looks like a blast for them, you are so great at doing those parties. Happy Birthday Abby, we love you!
What a fun night for Abby! I can't figure out the cake...is it a jar of finger nail polish?
that looks so cute! what a cool idea and you totally pulled it off! i have no idea what that cake is.
Looks like fun! I'm going out on a limb and say I think it's a bottle of nail polish (looks like I'm not the only one who thinks that). Also, I totally recognize that teepee!! Love it. I let ours take a trip to the trash a while back. Yours still looks like it's in great shape. I'm impressed!
What a nice Mom to go to all that work. Looks like it was very much appreciated too. What would our lives be without our little (actually getting kind of big) Abby!?
Macy and Cheryl, you were right, it's a jar of nail polish. You have each earned 50 points*
*points are basically worthless, it just sounds really exciting.
Happy Birthday Abigail!!! You party looks like a blast. What a clever theme and perfect for females.
Such a fun party!!
I'm glad she had a happy day.
cute cute party! I'm so glad it turned out- such a fun idea! ...and the cake's a bottle of fingernail polish??? Cool. How do I get to use my 50 points?
That is way too cute. I love it! I can see Megs loving that in the future. I am going with nail polish, for the cake.
Post a Comment