Thursday, October 18, 2007
I'm Thrilled, I Think.
I'm sure many of you have anxiously been awaiting an update on the gripping preschool saga. Here's the exciting conclusion (okay, there are like 7 and 1/2 months left, but we hope this is the conclusion of the saga part): he's steadily and slowly improved with saying goodbye to me each week. The crying stopped, then recently the watery eyes ceased, there was still some gentle unprying of his fingers around my leg, but major progress and much less drama. Which leads us to today -- no drama, no clinging, no fear. He did it!!! 99% of me is absolutely thrilled. What's the deal with the 1%, you ask? Brennan had the pleasure of taking Nate to school for me today. After all these weeks of leaving my sweet terrified child and fighting back my own tears and fears Brennan takes him and leaves a happy, enthusiastic child. Don't get me wrong, Brennan was doing me a favor to take him and Nate's victory is such a blessing, but I guess there's a part of me that is sad that I wasn't there to see it. It's also very likely that because Brennan was there instead of me, it made it easier for Nate to break with tradition. Whatever the reason, I hope it sticks and am so glad he did it with or without me. We love Nate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
atta boy, natey
I'm thrilled too! But the timing does seem a little unfair!
Makes me sad to think of little Natey being shy and sad. Glad he's doing better.
Maybe you just need to get him a neon pink 80's cyclist hat that says "spunky" on it. That'll bring him round.
LOL,Rebecca or is this Christian?
Christian
Post a Comment