When we pulled up to preschool yesterday and Nate quickly climbed to the back of the van hoping to escape. I got him out of the back and carried him into school. He was a little calmer than usual. Once inside his classroom he started clinging to my leg, but as I pried him off and his teacher held him he reached out for me and I saw his eyes watering up, but he didn't actually cry out. I told him I loved him and that I knew he could do this and left. Ben and I waited outside his classroom to make sure he was okay before we left. He was!
When we picked him up later he was radiant. He ran to me and said, "Mom, I didn't even cry, I just had tears!" We're so proud of and happy for Nate (and me). We love Nate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wait, he actually went to the back of the van to escape as a joke, kind of messing around, or for real, as a bona fide escape attempt?
It wasn't a joke, but it was half-hearted. He knows I'll get him, but he's not going to make it easy.
Oh yay!!!! What I love is how proud he was about it. I think the worst is over. Way to go Mom!
Andrea, I love your cute blog and I LOVE the stories of Nate! There is no sweeter boy and I hope my little Ike turns out just like him! Macy and Ryan seem to think they have alot of similarities! So Cute...Hope preschool continues to get better!
Post a Comment