Saturday, September 8, 2007

Psycho Soccer Saturday

The title is a term my aunt coined, they have five boys who all played soccer. Our soccer Saturdays aren't really that psycho, but it was a little bit of a challenge to juggle three games this morning. Abby and Nate are playing for the first time ever so we were sad that their games were at the same time at different locations. We had to divide and conquer. I also had to miss Anna's so Benny could take a much needed nap. Here they are in their uniforms:







Anna is really fast and did very well, although her team lost. Abby had a great time, she was kind of unsure at first and stuck to the pack. Eventually she relaxed a little bit and had a couple of great kicks. She had fun and was thrilled that her team won. It was not lost on her that her team won and Anna's lost. Nate, my dear little Natey, started out great. They had a little practice before the game and he got right out there and was loving it. When game time rolled around the coach asked for two volunteers to sit out and he was one of them. When his time to sit out was done, he refused to go play and sat the whole game out. It's so sad because he's been so excited all week and has been wearing his new uniform constantly. If he had no desire or even a moderate desire to play we would not push it, but knowing he's dying to play we'll just keep helping him through his nerves. Today we celebrated the fact that he practiced so great.

On the way to her game, Abby said, "This is my first soccer game, yet!" It cracked me up. Also, last night we were running to a million stores trying to find cleats for Nate and we drove by a donut store that gives a free one to patrons. The girls begged me to stop, but I was hesitant because it was getting late and we still needed to eat dinner. I told them the only way I would stop is if they could hold that donut all the way home, eat dinner, get ready for bed and then eat it. Abby said, "Mom I'm up for the challenge!"

4 comments:

Jo said...

Andrea, what great pictures and beautiful kids! Wow, it does sound psycho to try to balance 3 games plus a baby's nap.

Nate's lucky to have such sweet, patient parents. Maybe he'll get comfortable gradually, as each week he has a bit more exposure. He is a cutie, and has some real athletic talent as well.

Eliza said...

man, I don't think I would have been up for the challenge of the donut, in fact I was put to the test when I was supposed to save a krispy kreme for spence, and I wasn't going to make it if it weren't for Greg stopping me. (mom was right there with me) Anyway, such cute pictures, I can't wait to see them play.

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Awww, Natey. So cute and sad. Such a cute picture.

Jo said...

LOL Lize, you little narc!