Here are a couple of things the kids have said over the last few weeks that I keep meaning to write down, so here you go:
I turned Oprah on a couple of weeks ago and they had a wedding gown designer on and models displaying her gowns. Anna wandered through the room and watched for a few minutes before observing, "Uh, those are pretty and everything, but they're showing WAY too much skin! I mean at least wear a white t-shirt underneath!" That cracked me up, I can just picture the next issue of "Modern Bride" with one of many Mormon-based brands "modest" t-shirt underneath their Vera Wang gown. It's so funny to me too, I have emphasized modesty with my girls, but I've never said anything like, "that's showing too much skin."
Nate has a boy named Cole in his class and he keeps talking about this boy named, "Cold" in his class. He also has a teacher named Miss Bev, who he refers to as "Miss Bib." We had my cousins son over whose name is Dane, but Nate called "Dang."
I was getting Ben out of his car seat the other day as I was talking to Nate. In response to something Nate said I replied, "Sheesh!" and immediately thereafter we heard a high-pitched little "Sheesh!" from Benny. He also says, "Owwy" which means "sorry". He hears that word a lot, my kids are all super penitent for about 2 seconds in between offences. His repertoire of words are: shoe, uh-oh, Hi!, Bye.
Abby listened as Anna perfectly mimicked a voice from one of our favorite CD's. She very seriously said, "Mom, Anna can do that so good, that's one of her talents. Pretty much my only talent is talking a lot!" She really is a great communicator
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
LOL, I love Cold and Dang. I love how kids finish words they feel are somehow incomplete. We have a bunch of those too (thought I can't think of what they are right now).
so cute, I love abby see's talking as a talent, what a positive outlook! : )
Cute snippets, Ange. I'm trying to visualize those skimpy wedding dresses w/t-shirts underneath. Oh the innocence of a child!
Nate's words remind me of how Eliza used to call Cameron Matheson "Camera", and actual cameras were called "Camerons". So much to confuse them!
So cute, Ange. I love Ms. Bib...I hope she gets a kick out of that too.
How cute! I can't stop laughing at your precious little kids!
Post a Comment