Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

It was my birthday a few days ago and here are some of my favorite presents:
(forgive my lack of photography skills)

This is a sculpture from Nate which Anna made for him to give to me. He was sad not to have anything to give so she kindly helped him out. I know you can't see it very well, but it's a woman sitting in a chair.



This is Abby's gift to me which came wrapped in paper towels sealed together with duct tape with a sweet birthday message written in crayon which unfortunately got thrown away before I could capture it on camera.


This is from Anna. I know you can't tell from the photo, but it's a paper airplane decorated with a face which slides out of a homemade envelope.

I remember thinking when I was little that my Mom was flat out lying when she used to tell us that nothing made her happier than a card or some homemade offering. I get it now, she wasn't lying. What more could a girl want?

6 comments:

Jo said...

What treasures Andrea! So sweet. You are truly a loved mother.

Cheryl said...

happy birthday, Andrea! I wish you were closer so I could take you out to lunch to celebrate!

Andrea W. said...

Thanks,Cheryl! I wish you were closer too. Hope all is well with you.

Eliza said...

how darling! you've got some creative kids. did you end up getting an ipod?

Macy said...

Yes, very creative kids. I love that! I really think having a girl for the oldest child gets the rest of the family going on creative stuff like this. It is so great. Amby was definitely that in my house growing up. i don't if I can see Rex putting lucy and Molly up to stuff like that. I hope Lucy takes it on.

davis@dontdodumbthings.com said...

I think you AND mom are lying about liking those kinds of gifts.