Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Birthday, Nate!



Our little Natey turned 4 yesterday. He wanted to go to the zoo, so we did with Rex and Lucy (my neice and nephew), and Josh, Liza and Abe (my sister, hubby and baby). It was really fun, they have a white alligator that is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. I assigned the three older girls (we had Anna's best friend with us) to be in charge of one of the three younger ones. Abby was in charge of Lucy and kept trying to hold her hand, but Lucy would always yank it away and say, "I can walk!". She kept up with those crazy boys who were running all over, Iwas impressed. When we went into the giraffe building, the kids all ran upstairs. We called them down and Lucy was a little slow. Rex ran back up and sort of put his arm on her back and gently, patiently walked down with her. It was so cute. As cute as it is to have two of the same gender in a row, I love seeing opposite gender siblings interact.

Benjamin loved the zoo and was so much fun to watch. In most instances, you really have to look to find the animal in it's habitat. Most of the time, he zeroed right in on them, pointed his little finger and grunted in excitement. It was darling.

Nate is a beautiful boy. We love him so much and feel so blessed that he was sent to our home. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Cute stories, Ange. Looks like this was a fun day. And I love that photo- looks like Rex was giving hugs that weren't really wanted.