So yesterday I drafted a post all about the things I HATE about my job. I was whining about things like laundry and making dinner every night. That's truly how I felt yesterday, and still do,there are just certain things I HATE. Maybe I'll finish and post it someday, but not today because just before I went to bed, Benny woke up crying. I went in and he was really upset, so I picked him up and rocked him. You'd think that maybe that would be old by now. It isn't. He snuggled into me while I smelled and kissed his big bald head and his big blue eyes slowly closed. There it was 11:30 at night after a really long day, but somehow I felt revitalized.
Then I remembered the day before when Anna had melted down and I actually managed to be patient and empathetic. I watched her countenance change from one of despair and darkness to a look of security and feeling loved. Instead of feeling irritated and anxious that it was past her bedtime I felt peacful and energized.
Maybe laundry and dinner aren't so bad, maybe I can do it again tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Angela, great to have you blogging again. I love your thoughts and stories. You never fail to be interested and funny. Looking forward to a long relationship with Life in the Slow Lane!
Thanks, Kook! When are you going join the ranks of the bloggers?
I agree with Christian. This is great! And what a beautiful post. You said so well what so many mothers have felt. Totally worth all the "hated jobs"!
Post a Comment