Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last Day of School!

I used to worry that as an adult I wouldn't appreciate the fabulously lazy days of summer. My worries were in vain. I CANNOT WAIT for school to be out tomorrow. 3 months off from waking, prodding, nagging, finding 1 missing shoe, retrieving homework from underneath the couch, packing lunch, cruelly torturing the girls (aka doing their hair), and shoving food down 4 little throats, finding something to throw over my pajamas, throwing the whole family into the car only to discover the baby is stinky and leaking, changing baby in record time, all to be late anyway. No more homework, permission slips, carpools, and figuring out what to do with two little ones while volunteering in two big ones' classes. No more anxiety about getting kids to bed ontime on "school nights".

Yes, in a few months I'll be writing a post about the adventures of taking 4 kids grocery shopping, and bored and bickering children, but for now -- I've never LOVED summer more!

Oh, and congratulations to Anna and Abby on a job well done in 3rd Grade and Kindergarten! I guess they did some work too.

Perhaps their teachers also deserve a little credit for doing a little something as well. :)

To all of us, happy LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

No comments: