Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Brennan's First Campout

So Brennan has a new church calling and it's High Adventure Scout Leader or something like that. Basically his job is to coordinate all the campouts for the 16-18 year old boys in our ward. There's only one problem, Brennan doesn't camp. When the YM's president met with him to explain what he would be doing, Brennan couldn't quit laughing. He told the YM's President that he was about to have the first woman in the YM's organization.

Well, they had their first campout and Brennan made it home alive and actually loved it. They went repelling "Aussie Style" and one boy almost smacked into the ground which caused Brennan to "accidentally swear." He doesn't think more than a few people heard his little slip. Another boy filled a 2 liter pop bottle with liter fluid and threw it into the fire for a flame-thrower effect. Brennan was the only leader still up when the episode happened and wasn't aware what was happening until flames started shooting out of the fire and onto nearby blankets. The boy panicked and froze somehow they managed to stomp out all of the flames before it got away from them.

Ummm, not sure if my boys will EVER be allowed to go on these campouts.

2 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Great Blog, Ange. So glad to see you're doing it again. I'll look forward to seeing your updates.

And I love this story about Brennan. And I'm somewhat surprised that an entire 2 liter bottle of lighter fluid being ignited didn't explode and kills some people. The Lord loves his scouts.

Andrea W. said...

Thanks, Ry! I really believe it's a miracle that more scouts don't get lost and injured and killed.

BTW, I don't think he filled the bottle with liter fluid, just some liter fluid.