Day two in London! We woke up and I think enjoyed doing a little laundry in Davis and Melissa’s tiny little washing machine and no dryer, but it was a welcome opportunity to clean our clothes. Mom and Dad and I headed out to do the tour bus again. It was a perfect day and so much fun to see the incredible and enormous city of London. I think we got off early near the Thames and walked down to see Big Ben and the incredible Parliament Building.
My statesman Dad was dying to take a tour of that magnificent and historic building, so Mom and I left him there while we explored around Westminster Abbey, it was closed to go in, but we loved walking around and enjoying the beautiful grounds and views of so many incredible buildings and statues everywhere we looked.
A statue of Abraham Lincoln!
We made our way down to Buckingham Palace where we saw the famous guards, didn’t get any great pictures, boo.
We walked around the extensive and beautiful grounds around the palace, grabbed some lunch and then met up with my Dad. We got back on the bus and after that I don’t think we got out of the bus for quite a while. Most of the time the buses had a recorded tour you listened too on headphones, but at one point that day we had a real live Londoner tour guide full of British charm and knowledge. We got to see the incredible architecture spanning centuries all mixed in to the lovely City. So many historic and amazing sites. We finally got off the bus at Herod’s to explore what felt like city within a city.
A view of the Thames and the London Eye
I think we spent a couple of hours in that store, mostly the toy department. It was incredible. Mom and Dad bought some things for the grandkids and I bought some darling lollipops for my kiddos. After shopping, we met Davis and Melissa and Bea for dinner at Wagamama’s. I thought it was yummy, everyone else thought it was ok, but it was fun to be together. We parted with Mom and Dad again and went back to Davis’s apartment. Brennan called and was driving into London. After a very long two days mostly driving and sleeping in his car, he was lost trying to find Davis and Melissa’s apartment. Davis sweetly talked him down from the figurative ledge, and waited outside talking to him to get him safely to their apartment. We were so happy to be reunited!
This little girl, was our very favorite London attraction

No comments:
Post a Comment