Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas Card 2013

File

Dear Friends and Families, December 2013

Merry Christmas! We have loved getting all your cards and pictures and letters, keep 'em coming!

Josh is 4 and ½. He started preschool this year and a music class. It's the first time I've had all the kids gone for a few hours a week, and while in theory that makes me a little sad, I have to say in reality I'm quite enjoying those hours! I am, however, happy to still have so many hours with our quirky, sweet boy. He's an affectionate, good natured little companion, but he does have some strong opinions and doesn't appreciate his authority being questioned. Recently, we locked horns on something and when it became apparent I wasn't going to back down, he got desperate and said, “Well,... you'we not even pwetty!” We love Josh.

Ben is in second grade and 7, but counting down the months til April when he turns 8 and can be baptized! He loves sports of all kinds, but especially soccer. He and his siblings and neighbors have spent countless hours in the backyard playing “World Cup” soccer. Earlier this year I was helping in his class reading to the kids in small groups. When his group came around it was Ben and a gaggle of 4 giggly girls. Immediately they started telling me of Katlynn's love for Ben. I looked at Katlynn worried that she might be upset with her friends for outing her, but she looked at me and smiled saying, “It's true, I even wrote in my journal, 'I love Ben.'” Ben just grinned and shrugged his shoulders. Needless to say, we think Katlynn has excellent taste. We love Ben.

Nate is 10 ½ and in 5th grade. He wants to be with a friend every second of his life and does not understand why I want him home by 6:00ish every night. He too loves soccer and was able to get on a team with most of his favorite friends coached by my cousin. She is an incredible coach, and he has loved every minute of that team. He can't wait to start their indoor season in a few weeks. He loves to watch Soccer, Football and Basketball with Brennan. He is also obsessed with penny boards and told me he literally can't sleep at night because he can't stop thinking and hoping he's getting one for Christmas. I think that Nate and Josh are competing for the world's loudest child. He'll be thrilled to know that he is the definitive leader in that contest. Fortunately, most of what he says so loudly is charming and funny and sweet. We love Nate.

Abigail is almost 13 and a 7th grader. She has adjusted well to the rigors and adventures of junior high. She even joined the band and plays the trombone. I can't say for sure, but I think the boy-girl ratio (13-2) in the trombone section had something to do with her choice. She actually loves it and even though some afternoons with the dog barking, the trombone blasting, and Josh and Nate being loud is a bit much, it makes me so happy that she loves it so much. FJH has an incredible band program, and she has learned so much from her talented directors. She also still takes Ballet and really enjoys it. In her free time she loves babysitting/earning money so she can go to Station Park (a beautiful big new shopping center nearby) with her friends and shop, shop, shop. We love Abby.

Anna is 15 and a sophomore at Viewmont High School. Getting places on time has never been her strong suit, but she's actually done quite well with her new early departure. I love hearing the mad dash up the stairs and out the door each morning ;). She still loves and plays soccer and is also taking voice lessons. She has a beautiful voice, and somehow doesn't seem to get very nervous when she performs. I told my kids they had to wait til high school to read the Hunger Games series, over the Thanksgiving break she realized she was the legal age and devoured all three of them. Now she thinks she's Katniss Everdeen and carries a pocket knife in her boot, everywhere she can, hoping she'll have to defend herself or other innocents from evil. We love Anna.

We love you all so much and hope you are well! We are also so grateful our Savior and for His grace and love in our lives!

No comments: