Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Recital

I got to participate in a voice recital.  I’ve been taking lessons for about a year now, and today was my 2nd recital.  It is so nerve-wracking, which is exactly why it’s so good for me.  The best part is that while there are lots of young students performing, there are also lots of other Moms like me trying to carve out a little time to develop just for us.  It’s been such a great outlet for me, and pushed me way outside my comfort zone.  I’m so excited to get to sing a duet with Sarah (my friend and teacher) in a few weeks in church.  I LOVE duets and to get to sing with someone so amazing will be so much fun.  I used to sing duets all the time with my brother, Braden.  I miss that.

Anyway, in great humility I’m posting clips of my two recital pieces.  They’re far from perfect or great, but they represent major progress for me, mostly of being able to stand up in front of people and just get something out of my mouth without collapsing out of pure nerves.  Plus to memorize the songs is a huge thing for me, especially in Italian -- that’s hard.   I wish so badly I would have taped Sarah’s song, she’s so incredible and I’m so blessed to have this opportunity so close and convenient.

 

2 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

You've got some soul sister!

Shauna said...

Wow, what talent! I am so Impressed with your voice and your bravery.