This darling little girl turned 13 years old on Saturday!
Anna had a great day, it started bright and early. She got up at 5:30 am and joined the other young men and young women from our ward for breakfast and then a 10 mile hike to our closest Temple. It was quite a challenge, but Anna was up for it, she and her friend were the first ones to reach their destination. When they gathered outside the Temple, a member of the Temple Presidency spoke to them. They had lunch and got to hop in cars to drive home. What a perfect experience to welcome Anna into teenagehood. As soon as they got back she went to lunch and shopping with her bff, Chloe. They got back around 3 and she very enthusiastically opened presents. Mostly, stuff for her room, mostly having to do with Paris.
After presents we had such a nice visit from Brennan’s Uncle and Aunt, Buck and Jamie. We love when they stop by, and Anna felt very special to have it happen on her birthday.
She requested purple and blue cupcakes, here’s a great action shot
Since we do every other year for a friend party this year was the family year. Anna decided she wanted to do a family soccer game. Brennan and I were really tired and headed outside out of total duty. We quickly changed our attitudes and had so much fun. The teams were Anna, me and Ben vs. Bren, Nate and Abby. Brennan and I each had to hold Josh for most of the game, but it was still a blast. It was even more fun that my team won After that the kids had a bunch of neighborhood kids over for night games. She was very happy with her special day.
We love Anna so much. As hard as it is to watch my little ones get less little, it is really fun to watch them develop into full-fledged independent human beings. Anna is opinionated, feisty, affectionate, artistic, athletic, stubborn, spiritual, thoughtful, and honest. She has set a wonderful tone for our family as our oldest. She’s so interested in and sweet to her siblings. When Nate had been at day camp and she walked in after he’d been gone all day she ran right up to him and hugged him so sweetly and sincerely. I love that hugging will be a natural, normal thing to do for all of my kids. I think it’s normal to be hugged by your mom and dad, but maybe not all siblings hug each other. I love how even though she’s 13, she still loves to play with her American Girl dolls with Abby or younger cousins.
I’ll always be grateful to Anna for giving me the best job ever. I’ll always remember the minute she burst onto the scene with her crazy long blond locks and her little doll face. I’ll always treasure those first few busy but delightful years I spent in her rigorous training program for her novice mother. I’ll always appreciate the help she is for Brennan and me in raising her siblings. We love Anna June. Happy birthday!
6 comments:
aww. stop it anna! Those pictures of her as a little munchkin were heartbreaking! Where did that go? But like you said, it is pure delight seeing her grow up into her own wonderful, darling, sweet, bright, capable, girl! She is amazing, and I do love the tone she sets in not only your family, but as the oldest cousin(here). I love Anna, and am so grateful she's in mine and my kids lives. and wow btw, lol at your "her rigorous training program". so true and funny.
She was a little munchkin, wasn't she? What a cutie she was, and what a delightful young woman she is. Bright, talented, multi-faceted, and sweet. And Lize is so right about the wonderful tone she sets in our larger family. I'm very grateful for that. I love Anna!
Happy birthday to a beautiful girl!!!
What a blessing to have her in your family.
Happy Late Birthday to Anna. It was so fun seeing you twice last week.
I know this is really late but I just read the post about my birthday. I am so glad I have the ability to make an influence. I was especially touched when you said I was spiritual. I try. Love you so much, and thankyou SO SO SO SO SO SO much for that post. :)
And Eliza, what do you mean "where did that go", I'm still cute aren't I?! ;)
Post a Comment