Friday, June 24, 2011

Musical Theatre Performance

My girls tried out for our city’s summer theatre production of “The Secret Garden”.  It was kind of a frustrating experience because the 4 leads, Archie, Lily, Mary and Collin, are all the director’s family members.  She did double cast Mary and Collin so that Abby’s friend, Paige, landed one of the Mary roles.  Anyway, my friend Sarah, my same friend I take voice lessons from, decided these girls needed an opportunity to really shine.  She got my girls, her two girls, and 3 others who had tried out and organized a little musical theatre workshop.  For two weeks they learned a solo and two group numbers under the direction of Sarah.  She spent untold hours into finding the music, finding a time that would work for everyone, choreographing numbers, finding costumes, etc. 

Last Friday night was the big performance, and all that work definitely paid off!   What a treat to watch these talented girls.  I filmed Anna’s and Abby’s solos and their two group numbers.  I wish you could hear better, they really sounded spectacular!

Anna is the one with the baseball cap, Abby’s the one with the boots.

There’s No Business Like Show Business
I Could Have Danced All Night
Honeybun

Anna is on the far left and Abby is 3rd from the left.

Sisters

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh my gosh. That made me so dang happy. Abby's performance was so cute and so her, and just so dang good. Anna's was so her too, darling, funny, and wow does she have such a beautiful voice. As I was watching Anna's, I got so sad b/c from that faraway angle her face looked like little munchkin 2 yr old anna! hard to believe she's that grown up. Their both such accomplished, talented, beautiful and sweet girls!

Jo said...

Both totally different in their looks, acting, and voices, and both SO talented. What fun to watch!