It was a fabulous Mothers’ Day weekend. Even the weather was in on it, til Sunday, but Friday and Saturday were BEAUTIFUL. Friday night the fun began when we grabbed some food from Subway for a picnic at the park. Brennan and I played tennis with the boys while the girls watched Joshy. Then they traded duties so we got to play with all of them. Eventually Joshy figured out he was being distracted from the main attraction and insisted on being on the court with a tennis racket. It was such a fun night. Afterwards the kids came home and had a late night here with friends.
When Brennan asked me what I wanted for Mothers’ Day, I knew immediately what I wanted. Cold hard cash, and time all to myself to go spend it. So right after Anna’s thrilling soccer game, I went shopping for several hours (with my sister for some of it) and topped it off by going to Café Rio all by myself for lunch. It was FANTASTIC.
After that Brennan and I had tickets to a late matinee Play called “The Hasty Heart”. It was so so good. I highly recommend it. We were both fighting a losing battle to control our emotions. We kept trying to talk about it but then we’d have to stop to regain composure. It was kind of hilarious. After that we had an Elder’s Quorum activity at the church so we stopped in for some soup and great company.
Sunday morning I slept in – one of my favorite things in life. By the time I woke up the kids were practically exploding with anticipation of presenting their lovingly made gifts. Anna made me an incredible breakfast of cinnamon pancakes. I don’t really even like pancakes, but these were to die for. I could have eaten them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. She also made this beautiful card:
Abigail made this cool card at school:
you open it and then you open it another way:
She also made this beautiful pin and bath salts at Activity Days:
Nate’s class put together a cookbook, wrapped in homemade wrapping paper, they also colored this beautiful little booklet of a sweet poem.
He also bought me some lotion at his class store (they earn fake money for the minutes they read each month and then have a “store” at the end of each month) and made me this beautiful pin from clay.
And last, but not least Ben made this at preschool:
and on the other side, this little survey with his answers:
My personal favorite is his guess at my age. So funny.
As you can see I was completely loved and appreciated. What sweet, thoughtful gifts and cards. We enjoyed a lovely day at church and then topped it off with dinner at my parents’ with everyone who lives in-State. It was so much fun, my parents have to bring up the ping pong table and a regular large table just to accommodate all of us, so it’s always a wild and crazy time. A perfect way to celebrate Mothers’ Day!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness-- what special tributes from the kids to you! I love those homemade gifts. So sweet!
I LOVE those questions that Ben answered. And like you, I think the 100 yrs. old is the best.
Post a Comment