There are times I think I might go completely mad with the noise and chaos that surrounds me, then there are times I think I might explode from pure happiness. It’s funny how I can go from one to the other in zero seconds flat. The 6 people I live with are a lively bunch. They’re opinionated, emotional, stubborn, passionate, loud – very loud, sensitive, and oh so affectionate. The kids are getting old, and there seems to be a direct connection to their getting older and more conflicts. It’s still not terrible, they really do get a long for the most part, but they’ve had several years now to become fully acquainted with every button they can push and the very predictable responses they will get from each button. They’ve even developed a shorthand for pushing buttons, one of them can just give another a look or utter one little word and they both know exactly what was meant, and the “victim” never fails to give a more than satisfactory victim-y show. Come to think of it, that part never gets abbreviated.
Obviously, the moments that they all get along are cherished. Even though that often means a lot of messes and a lot of noise, it’s truly heartwarming. Tonight the 5 of them played “tiger” which is some kind of tag game, and “leprechaun” which I have no idea how to play. To hear Anna down to Joshy laughing wildly and running around together is something I treasure more and more. Joshy is fairly new to the mix and Anna is already around/available less and less, so seeing them all together in a happy way is heavenly.
5 comments:
"Come to think of it, that part never gets abbreviated."-- Funny!
Such a real description of what goes on in a family full of kids. I love the games they made up. Very creative kids! You used to be so good at that.
Cute ange! It DOES sound Heartwarming.
You make me excited to have lots of kids, of all ages someday.
You also make me want to learn how to play Leprechaun.
Story of my life! I'm working on remembering that when they are getting along and are still loud, this is a good thing! Sometimes it can be a little hard to decifer between the happy loud screams and the angry and "victm-y" ones!
I know it sounds crazy but I love the chaos. I especially love when they play together like that, it's the best.
glad i'm not alone :)
Post a Comment