Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Anna June

anna2

In what seems like about 3 minutes ago, this little doll was born. Now she’s 12. I can’t quite wrap my head around that, but ready or not – it happened.

On August 6, 1998 a teeny tiny bundle of crazy blond hair was put in my arms. Up to that moment we hadn’t known if she would be a boy or a girl. I felt confident she’d be a boy, and the one thing I knew for sure was that this baby would be bald. Neither Brennan or I had any hair until we were 2. I held my furry little girl completely awed, surprised and totally overcome with love. That is how I’ve felt about Anna ever since.

Victoria, Spencer, Abigail, David and Anna, the first grandkids.

81

She’s always had a little gleam in her eye. Ever since she was born she loved mischief and that combined with lightning speed, a bright mind and an angelic little face made/makes for a very lively time. For 12 years she’s been outsmarting, outrunning, and surprising us.

IMG_2502

Fortunately for us, her sweetness and compassion keep her mischievous side to innocent fun. Anna is the most affectionate girl. When she was very young before she went to bed she started saying, “Love you, you’re the best.” She still says that, and so do each of her siblings and both her parents. I smile every single time one of us says that.

IMG_2503

Today I registered her for junior high and took her to get her ears pierced. Next week she’s going boating with all the 12-18 year old girls and boys in our ward. Ready or not, she’s 12.

IMG_2504

Happy, happy birthday my beautiful sweet girl. We love Anna.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

What a beautiful 12 year old girl. It is crazy watching your daughter become a young woman and a teenager. Exciting, fun and a little sad.

Trever and Heather said...

I'm wailing inside- does it really happen from 3 to 12 so quickly? I must figure out how to slow time down!!!!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Anna! You are a beautiful girl.
I love the earings!

Ange - good job on the 5k! I haven't done a single thing since RAGNAR. aren't we good until next year?!

Mallory Bell said...

Wow! 12, I cant believe it either. It seems like last week that I was playing with her as a little baby on a blanket in Morgan Utah! She is so cute, Happy Birthday Sweet Anna!

Jo said...

Such sweet words, which accurately describe darling Anna. She has added so much to our family, and I love her dearly!