Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

First of all, if you haven't already, be sure to check out a new blog 3 of my brothers just launched. They're not good for much, but they're always good for a laugh :)

Wow, what a great Thanksgiving weekend we had. I kept meaning to post a grateful post, but never got to it. I am so grateful though, for so many things. It seems almost everyday I hear about someone, usually a friend or neighbor or family member who is going through something really hard. I then usually regret that I can't do something more than pray for them and then I realize that's the best thing I can do. I'm so grateful that I know about and believe in the power of prayer.

I'm also so grateful for my sweet family. To have 5 children can have its challenges, but it's far more rewarding than hard. I love my children and husband so very much. Having a baby around is a particular blessing, there's just something about babies that is irreplaceable.

three 3 year olds "helping" my saintly mother make muffins

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my Dad's family. It was a smaller group than usual, but so nice. It was festive and fun. After the big feast and some socializing we headed to my parents' home for some schmoozing with my parents and siblings and families (Christian, Rebecca, Oliver and Amelia were in town).

Friday we met my family at a forest park nearby for a fire and roasted hotdogs and s'mores. The guys and the kids played a fun football game and the rest of us sat around the fire. That night the adults went out to eat at a yummy Mexican restaurant.




Ryan's coon-skin cap that his wife loves so much






Brennan always looks unamused in photos, but he loved it, I promise

Saturday we got the house clean and hosted a football party to watch our local rivalry game with my family. It was a fantastic game and great company. Towards the end we girls got a little chattier than our husbands would have liked, and many a kid was told to get out from in front of the tv and lovingly invited to go downstairs. But all in all, definitely a great time.

Sunday I went to church early to rehearse with our choir who sang our Thanksgiving song for Sacrament meeting. It went really well, I'm so grateful for such good supportive choir members. It still is really hard and scary for me, but I also genuinely love being part of it too.

That evening we met at my sisters' neighborhood clubhouse for my niece, Belle's, 2nd birthday party. I love this quirky little imp of a girl. Eliza had some darling games for all the kids and lots of treats. The adults sat around chatting and laughing with Josh's family. We left happy and tired.

the birthday girl

9 comments:

Catherine Noorda said...

it's always so fun to read your blog. i can't believe you guys have five kids......and neither can jamo. you're such a great, cute family. i wish we lived closer. i'm delivering this #3 on thursday and the five of us are driving to slc for christmas. we'd LOVE to see you! have brennan call jamo to make plans. :)

Eliza said...

cute pics. great sum up as usual. Thanks again for hosting us on Saturday that was good times, you guys are awesome hosts!

Jo said...

How fun to re-live the weekend with your great descriptions, anecdotes, and pictures. Loved it all!

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Cute post, and fun weekend!

Sara said...

Fun weekend!! I love all the pictures.
I missed the whole Bell clan on thanksgiving:(
I heard it was fun.

Grandma W said...

And a good time was had by "all".

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

One of the highlights of my year was watching Brennan try to set 2 big logs afire by lighting a piece of paper under them and being surprised it didn't work.

Rebecca said...

great summary of the weekend. it was good times. i need to write up a post about it too.

Greg said...

Look at Brenn's picture (the last photo on the post) and ask Brennan who is trying to steal Josh from him.