Monday, March 18, 2013

Josh’s First Primary Talk

Yesterday Josh gave his first talk in Primary.  His topic was on the Savior, so I came up with a few lines and had him memorize them.  He memorized them very quickly and loved practicing.  We were both so excited for his big day.  Brennan had been in Las Vegas for the Mountain West college basketball conference finals, his plan was to drive to St. George Saturday night and then drive home Sunday.  He normally wouldn’t have left til 9 or 10, but he got up early to make sure he was back in time to hear Josh. 

Josh was so excited and proud of himself as he got to sit up in the front of the room.  When he started talking he was startled by the loudness of his voice because of the microphone.  So then he started whispering.  I finally picked him up and encouraged him to talk normally, but the other primary kids were cracking up by then and Josh DOES not like to be laughed at.  I finally persuaded him to do it with a few prompts he did.  We were so proud of him.  I filmed him tonight doing it all by himself.

6 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Freeze him right now. That was unbearably cute.

Sara said...

SWEET, sweet boy!!

Trever and Heather said...

SOOOOOOO cute!

JoLynn Bell said...

Too cute!!!

JoLynn Bell said...

Too cute!!!

Catherine Noorda said...

that was really good!!! what a cutie! good memorizing!